• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I was disrespectful and evasive @ Seatac airport.

EyeDoc

Was at Seatac tonight waiting for my bro (pilot) open carrying glock 23 in blackhawk thigh drop down. Two PoS officers approached me while lounging in terminal while getting my Candy Crush on. They asked how I was doing, I said "fine." "Do you know why we're talking to you?" "Nope, and I don't care." Apparently it's disrespectful and evasive to lounge on the airport bench and play an intense game of Crush while ignoring their authority...or so I'm told. That is all.

Bernymac

Was at Seatac tonight waiting for my bro (pilot) open carrying glock 23 in blackhawk thigh drop down. Two PoS officers approached me while lounging in terminal while getting my Candy Crush on. They asked how I was doing, I said "fine." "Do you know why we're talking to you?" "Nope, and I don't care." Apparently it's disrespectful and evasive to lounge on the airport bench and play an intense game of Crush while ignoring their authority...or so I'm told. That is all.

Awesome first post.

Maverick9

Them: "How are you doing?"

You: "I'm about to bust through level 25 and get a rainbow cane. Do you play?".

(always end with a question). :)

EyeDoc

Sorry-had to get some Shuteye. Anyways when I told them I didn't care why they were here they informed me of their investigation required by numerous calls of a man carrying a firearm. Questions they asked: Why are you carrying? What is your business here? Are you picking someone up? Why won't you answer my questions?
With all of these questions I robotically replied: Am I legally required to answer this? After this I went silent
My goal isn't to educate the police of our rights but is to educate the public. I think for the most part the police now know their boundaries, though they may not respect them.

Bernymac

Sorry-had to get some Shuteye. Anyways when I told them I didn't care why they were here they informed me of their investigation required by numerous calls of a man carrying a firearm. Questions they asked: Why are you carrying? What is your business here? Are you picking someone up? Why won't you answer my questions?
With all of these questions I robotically replied: Am I legally required to answer this? After this I went silent
My goal isn't to educate the police of our rights but is to educate the public. I think for the most part the police now know their boundaries, though they may not respect them.

They know their boundaries, they are just counting on the ignorance of what they see as "the herd".

Last edited:

Maverick9

It's a paradox. Thought I "like" open carriers, and I "know" BGs don't OC, I'm apt to profile people at an airport**, especially anyone OC-ing in an airport. I think I might even want airport cops to go touch base with the person, even though I'm fundamentally opposed (in principle) to such things (cops contacting a LAC).

Why? Well, partly because I can't carry. If "I" were also carrying (i.e. not waiting to board my flight), I would feel parity, and capable of protecting myself (in theory).

Good on the OP for not being unnecessarily compliant. Like the idea of 'educating the people', not the cops. I think they'd have accomplished their purpose by just saying 'hi' and not requiring answers or anything. Truth is 'grumpy' OC-ers are not threats, else they'd be CC-ing and smiling, I figger.

**FWIW:
(The last flight I took there was a black dude, nice enough guy, who was speaking a foreign language on his cell phone. He sat in front of me in the boarding lounge and he had a large wheeled carry on. THEN, he left his luggage and disappeared. I was VERY anxious at this and almost called over the ticket agent to report it. You are NOT supposed to leave luggage unattended. He did return. I believe he was in the bathroom.

I didn't listen to my spidey sense, (which was on moderate tingle).

Last edited:

SPOProds

It's a paradox. Thought I "like" open carriers, and I "know" BGs don't OC, I'm apt to profile people at an airport**, especially anyone OC-ing in an airport. I think I might even want airport cops to go touch base with the person, even though I'm fundamentally opposed (in principle) to such things (cops contacting a LAC).

Why? Well, partly because I can't carry. If "I" were also carrying (i.e. not waiting to board my flight), I would feel parity, and capable of protecting myself (in theory).

Good on the OP for not being unnecessarily compliant. Like the idea of 'educating the people', not the cops. I think they'd have accomplished their purpose by just saying 'hi' and not requiring answers or anything. Truth is 'grumpy' OC-ers are not threats, else they'd be CC-ing and smiling, I figger.

**FWIW:
(The last flight I took there was a black dude, nice enough guy, who was speaking a foreign language on his cell phone. He sat in front of me in the boarding lounge and he had a large wheeled carry on. THEN, he left his luggage and disappeared. I was VERY anxious at this and almost called over the ticket agent to report it. You are NOT supposed to leave luggage unattended. He did return. I believe he was in the bathroom.

I didn't listen to my spidey sense, (which was on moderate tingle).

"See something, say something" as dumb as it sounds, saves lives. Imagine if the people at the BosMar were paying attention to the bombers... drop a bag in front of me you better run because I'm throwing it back at you.

Individually Responsible.
Sent from the back of a black van

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

You need not have educated them ... they already knew (otherwise you would be in jail with a nice lawsuit awaiting your release). I too, have neither the desire or inclination to provide any facts to police ... robot-man

good job

Difdi

Your response was less snarky than mine probably would have been. (probably to the tune of "now there are several men with guns here, I bet those people are REALLY freaking out now")

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I stopped using commercial flights years ago. Too many people, pi$$ poor security, sex offenders (tsa) checking people over and the extreme expense.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Cop: do u know why we are here talking to you?

Citizen: I assume you are lost and looking for directions to the homosexual conference in town.