• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Situational Awareness: Fail

bullseye

Campaign Veteran
Not a part of the city that most would frequent. Even if this is where the guy lives, there was a cascade of judgmental errors that lead to this situation.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime/dp-newport-news-gun-robbery-0924,0,1799677.story

Newport News: Man robbed of his gun

A 24-year-old Newport News man had his handgun stolen when he was robbed Friday at gunpoint in the Southeast section of the city...

...walking in the area when a group of seven men approached him. One of the men pulled out a gun and took the victim's Glock 22 handgun, which he was wearing openly on his hip...

...victim told officers he knew one of the men in the group...

wrearick

First one I have heard of and I know CC proponents have been looking for "proof" that OCing makes you a target.......stand by for the whole OC vs. CC debate rehash!

Last edited:

wylde007

So he was robbed by someone who knew he carried and they beset upon him with a superior force and the concentration will be on that it was because he was OC?

So it goes.

Marco

Yeah, don't you know CC and or not having a gun would have kept him from getting robbed. :uhoh:
If he was CC he could have demonstrated his quick draw skills.:p

davidmcbeth

Banned
If he only had 2 guns ... and then got his gun back with his CC gun .. then the debate could commence.

Guy was robbed. Carrying does not prevent this from happening.

Even cops get robbed or guns stolen from them ... it happens.

Guy was no worse for wear ... he'll go buy another gun...

mobeewan

This happened in the part of Newport News with the highest number of shootings and murders. Once you go south of Briarfield Road you better be carrying period. The further south the worse it gets. 9TH & Ivy is almost as far south as you can go before you hit the James River.