Thread: Maple Vally Wa. Marine shoots theif

Maple Vally Wa. Marine shoots theif

http://www.king5.com/news/crime/Owne...225001512.html

MAPLE VALLEY, Wash. – A suspected truck thief was shot and killed in Maple Valley Tuesday morning after deputies say he was shot by the truck’s owner.
    It happened just after midnight in the 23600 block of 219th Place SE.
    King County sheriff’s deputies say a man and a woman arrived at the scene in another vehicle that was stolen from Kent. The pair was allegedly trying to steal or prowl a pickup truck when the owner came out from a family gathering and confronted them.
    A struggle ensued and several shots were fired.
    The male suspect was dead when deputies arrived. The female suspect and the truck owner were not hurt.
    The surviving suspect was taken into custody. She has a felony warrant for burglary.

I just saw this on the news. Good on you Marine. A US Marine defended a woman during a robbery, robber dead, accomplice in custody. Woman and Marine fine. No charges are expected.
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 09-24-2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: speliig
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

That is a great story and great example of how being armed can save your life or the lives of your loved ones. The marine even went the extra mile and tried to perform CPR on the man who attacked him. Class act in my book. Unfortunate someone had to die but at least it was the bad guy and nobody else was hurt.
    Last edited by bebop4one; 09-24-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
    - Clint Eastwood

Both the victim and the suspect are in custody according to the radio this morning.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

nice grouping in the windshield.
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Banned
    The aunt really should not be talking to anyone at this point but her nephew's lawyer.

Anytime you have the cops around, even if it is not regarding you, zip your lip.

Loose lips sink ships

This happened just down the road from me. MV is becoming noted for dead crooks. The latest news report I saw showed the marine was not being held.

Another story with a happy ending.

Maybe there should be one of those signs like they use on the jobsites that say "## days since the last time loss accident" added at the entrance to the Maple Valley area. This sign should say "## days since the last thief was shot ". A second line could be added for the number of days since the last one was killed.

All I can say is "good work Marine".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    This happened just down the road from me. MV is becoming noted for dead crooks. The latest news report I saw showed the marine was not being held.
    Great news.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bebop4one View Post
    That is a great story and great example of how being armed can save your life or the lives of your loved ones. The marine even went the extra mile and tried to perform CPR on the man who attacked him. Class act in my book. Unfortunate someone had to die but at least it was the bad guy and nobody else was hurt.
    The aunt went to do CPR ... I'm sure the Marine did not care about the guy's health. More likely concerned about blood stains in his sweet, sweet ride (lol).

looks like the perp was in the truck, which could be considered a lethal instrument. I see the Marine having no formal charges against him.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The aunt went to do CPR ... I'm sure the Marine did not care about the guy's health. More likely concerned about blood stains in his sweet, sweet ride (lol).

looks like the perp was in the truck, which could be considered a lethal instrument. I see the Marine having no formal charges against him.
    Ah my bad, I just re-read. Even so, good on her for trying to save the guy. I saw her on the news and she looked absolutely terrified.
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
    - Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    nice grouping in the windshield.
    Yeah, that was a damn good grouping. Firing under stress and keeping it that tight.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    Saw the grouping on the news and was impressed.

He is a Marine. I would expect no less.
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

Quote Originally Posted by OlGutshotWilly View Post
    Saw the grouping on the news and was impressed.

He is a Marine. I would expect no less.
    If he was a real marine then the investigating agency would have to have taken the car back to a warehouse to reassemble it from little pieces
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    If he was a real marine then the investigating agency would have to have taken the car back to a warehouse to reassemble it from little pieces
    When it absolutely positively has to be destroyed over night, USMC.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    When it absolutely positively has to be destroyed over night, USMC.
    We used to call my neighbor's daughter FedEx because when she went on a date, she absolutely, positively had to stay out overnight.