Thread: Cop caught stealing repeal NY "SAFE" Act signs

Cop caught stealing repeal NY "SAFE" Act signs

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...peal-safe-act/

Did somebody just earn themselves a little paid vaca? NY, what a cesspool.

edit: first link was wrong
    Last edited by 77zach; 09-24-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Officer Balding reminds me of this guy:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...peal-safe-act/

Did somebody just earn themselves a little paid vaca? NY, what a cesspool.

edit: first link was wrong
    This appears to be a hostile act.

I'm sure that the police are happy that folks don't have guns. Oh, wait, they still do.

Re: Cop caught stealing repeal NY "SAFE" Act signs

Many cities across the country have very strict sign ordianances. Often they go unchallenged by the public. Who wants to pay a lawyer $10,000 for a fight over a $25 sign? Cities/Police know this and take full advantage of this. I bet that if the sign depicted a US flag with the words, "Donate to your city to keep you safe." It would not only be there still, that very same officer who removed it, would be protecting it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Many cities across the country have very strict sign ordianances. Often they go unchallenged by the public. Who wants to pay a lawyer $10,000 for a fight over a $25 sign? Cities/Police know this and take full advantage of this. I bet that if the sign depicted a US flag with the words, "Donate to your city to keep you safe." It would not only be there still, that very same officer who removed it, would be protecting it.
    According to a quick review of the Somers, NY city ordinances (http://www.egovlink.com/public_docum...egulations.pdf):

§ 214-56. Approval; maintenance; discontinuance of tenancy.
    A. All signs under these regulations shall require the approval of the Zoning
    Enforcement Officer unless otherwise noted and shall meet

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    According to a quick review of the Somers, NY city ordinances (http://www.egovlink.com/public_docum...egulations.pdf):

Another law cite:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

So is the officer guilty of theft and destruction of evidence?
    Last edited by MAC702; 09-24-2013 at 10:53 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Another law cite:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
    Congress hasn't met in NY for several years now, so it is doubtful that they made the SAFE law.
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    Congress hasn't met in NY for several years now, so it is doubtful that they made the SAFE law.
    Ever heard of incorporation?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Ever heard of incorporation?
    I have I have.

Its a legal idea that a court has to review a law to see if it applies to another gov't body. Its a made up concept, made by courts to limit our rights.

Right? What do I win? I gotta win something.

I have I have.

Its a legal idea that a court has to review a law to see if it applies to another gov't body. Its a made up concept, made by courts to limit our rights.

Right? What do I win? I gotta win something.

You lose, because I disagree with your characterization.

Incorporation is a highly reasonable concept, considering it refers exclusively to the Bill of Rights. Tell me, David, do you believe government should be able to violate the second amendment, so long as it does so at the state level, rather than the Federal?

Another law cite:

Amendment I

Not applicable. Congress didn't make the law, the City of Somers, NY did. How is the 1A applicable to city ordinances? (This is Devil's Advocate, I'm not for the ordinance, nor the actions of the LEO).

Not applicable. Congress didn't make the law, the City of Somers, NY did. How is the 1A applicable to city ordinances? (This is Devil's Advocate, I'm not for the ordinance, nor the actions of the LEO).
    *Sigh*

Incorporation of the Bill of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    *Sigh*
    City ordinance trumps Constitution. Duh.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Either way, the cop trespassed and stole/destroyed private property without due process.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Not likely that this cop is doing code enforcement, cities have people that do that and they are not cops.

A corrupt cop in NY no less...what a shock.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Either way, the cop trespassed and stole/destroyed private property without due process.
    Bingo !

Its theft at least.