• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL's house endorsments

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Pretty much what was expected with two exceptions. They didn't endorse anyone for the 97th and Chris Peace is as good a friend as we could ask for....and they did endorse Lee Ware. Ware is marginally pro gun but he's been pulling the same Death Star Stunt in the House Agriculture Committee that Saslaw did in the Senate Courts.

Hopefully Quarles gives that SOB a good dusting off!

District Candidate
-------- --------------------------

03 Wil Morefield (R)
06 Jeff Campbell (R)
13 Bob Marshall (R)
14 Mary Scott Martin (I)
15 Todd Gilbert (R)
16 Les Adams (R)
18 Mike Webert (R)
19 Lewis Bain Medlin (D)
20 Dickie Bell (R)
23 Jonathan Parrish (L)
25 Steve Landes
29 Mark Berg (R)
31 Scott Lingamfelter (R)
33 Dave LaRock (R)
38 Jim Leslie (IG)
44 Joe Glean (I)
45 Jeff Engle (I)
47 Laura Delhomme (L)
51 Rich Anderson (R)
53 Anthony Gabriel Tellez (L)
55 Buddy Fowler (R)
64 Rick Morris (R)
65 Lee Ware (R)
75 Al Peschke (R)
78 Daniel Foster (L)
85 Scott Taylor (R)
88 Mark Cole (R)
95 John Bloom (R)
96 Brenda Pogge (R)
99 Margaret Ransone (R)
100 John W. Smith, Jr. (I)

Thundar

So, what do we learn from the VCDL PAC qustionnaire, the rating of the responses by VCDL PAC and the subsequent VCDL PAC endorsements?

1. The LIBERTARIAN Party is the 100% "Very Pro Gun" party in this election.

(Governor, 23rd, 33rd, 47th, 53rd, 55th, 78th)

2. VDCL PAC has only endorsed candidates that are rated "Very Pro Gun".

3. VCDL PAC has a Republican bias. In three races VCDL PAC had multiple "Very Pro Gun" candidates. In all 3 cases VCDL PAC chose to endorse the Republican.

( In the 3rd District it was D vs. R, In the 33rd it was L vs. R and in the 55th it was L vs. R - only in the 3rd was the R an incumbent.)

So.... The big question remaining is:

Who will get the VCDL PAC endorsement for Governor?

Will it be the Libertarian - Sarvis who was rated "Very Pro Gun", or will it be the Republican Cuccinelli who was rated "so-so" ?

If VCDL PAC is honest, the endorsement will of course be for Sarvis, but if the VCDL PAC sticks to its typical quisling, then of course they will endorse Cuccinelli.

Thundar

So, what do we learn from the VCDL PAC qustionnaire, the rating of the responses by VCDL PAC and the subsequent VCDL PAC endorsements?

1. The LIBERTARIAN Party is the 100% "Very Pro Gun" party in this election.

(Governor, 23rd, 33rd, 47th, 53rd, 55th, 78th)

2. VDCL PAC has only endorsed candidates that are rated "Very Pro Gun".

3. VCDL PAC has a Republican bias. In three races VCDL PAC had multiple "Very Pro Gun" candidates. In all 3 cases VCDL PAC chose to endorse the Republican.

( In the 3rd District it was D vs. R, In the 33rd it was L vs. R and in the 55th it was L vs. R - only in the 3rd was the R an incumbent.)

Will it be the Libertarian - Sarvis who was rated "Very Pro Gun", or will it be the Republican Cuccinelli who was rated "so-so" ?

If VCDL PAC is honest, the endorsement will of course be for Sarvis, but if the VCDL PAC sticks to its typical quisling, then of course they will endorse Cuccinelli.

Link to VCDL PAC 2013 Election Tool: http://www.vcdl.org/Candidates_2013_General

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Huh?

The endorsements in the statewide races are already out. (Though I can't find the VA-ALERT which announced it on the web page)

Gov: Cuccinelli
Lt Gov: Jackson
AG: Obenshain

Thundar

The endorsements in the statewide races are already out. (Though I can't find the VA-ALERT which announced it on the web page)

I have not seen any statewide endorsements from VCDL anywhere Tess, and I looked. I saw that GOA caved yesterday and endorsed the Cooch.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Not yet a VCDL member? Join VCDL at: http://www.vcdl.org/join
----------------------------------------------------------------------
VCDL's meeting schedule: http://www.vcdl.org/meetings
Abbreviations used in VA-ALERT: http://www.vcdl.org/help/abbr.html

VCDL-PAC is pleased to announce its endorsement of Ken Cuccinelli for Governor, E.W. Jackson for Lt. Governor, and Mark Obenshain for Attorney General.

Collectively, AG Cuccinelli, E.W. Jackson, and Sen. Obenshain represent one of the strongest ever pro-second amendment tickets in recent Virginia history. From Sen. Cuccinelli's and Sen. Obenshain's carrying and patroning pro-second amendment bills, plus their numerous pro-second amendment votes while serving in the Virginia Senate, to E.W. Jackson's unabashed vocal stance for your individual rights, Virginia gun owners are in excellent shape. That is, if we can win and get them into office.

The good news is, we still have some great friends in these three candidates. The bad news is, I haven't seen a slate of Democrats more hostile to law-abiding gun owners since I left the People's Republic of New Jersey in 1986. With a McAuliffe administration supported financially by gun grabber Michael Bloomberg, "give me your bullets" Eric Holder, and turncoat Republicans calling for "common sense gun control", Virginia gun owners could be facing not just a frustrating holding period for four years, but an outright disaster in the fight to preserve our gun rights.

A Lt. Governor Jackson provides Virginia gun owners with the tie breaking pro-gun vote in a toss up Senate. A Governor Cuccinelli provides a pro-second amendment signature to gun legislation and is not afraid to have gun bills come across his desk. Cuccinelli is a fighter for individual rights and will not stand for back room games like those that have killed so many pro-second amendment bills over the years. An Attorney General Obenshain who, like Cuccinelli, is not afraid to carry a pro-second amendment bill, represents precisely the kind of leadership gun owners can trust in the Attorney General's office.

I have it on good authority that forces within the Virginia Republican Party are trying to drive Virginia Republicans "to the center." Make no mistake, this means throwing gun owners under the bus.

Being attacked by liberal Democrats is nothing new. Weak Republican Party leadership diluting party principles, combined with a Lt. Governor Northam breaking tie votes in favor of gun control would be disastrous. There is only one way to prevent it. We need decisive victories this November. Not just one, or a few, but a series of them, to show Virginia Republicans "Hey, principles matter, and I'm standing firm!" VCDL-PAC is non-partisan, but there is a decided attempt to shift, or more accurately, abandon stated Republican Party principles in favor of "pragmatism" and "common sense" gun control. THIS MUST BE STOPPED.

WHAT TO DO:

CONTACT the campaigns below and ask their grassroots coordinators what you can do to help turn out the vote and support the campaigns.

Cuccinelli for Governor: Noah Wall, Grassroots Coordinator,
noah@cuccinelli.com 703-766-0635

Jackson for Lt. Governor: Daniel Bradshaw, Daniel@jacksonforlg.com 757-802-4246

Obenshain for Attorney General: Chris Leavitt, Campaign Manager,
chris@markobenshain.com 804-482-0574

Please STEP UP and do what VCDL members do so well in showing their support all across the Commonwealth when it comes to your gun rights. We are all really going to need it this time. VCDL members are the firewall. It is a pleasure to be associated with such a diverse group of citizens who care about our rights.

DONATE! Needless to say, this aggravates our need for funds. Please help as best you can. VCDL-PAC needs you to send your contribution of $5, $500, or more so that we can afford to BLANKET the Commonwealth with our orange postcards and more, doing our part to turnout the vote and support our candidates.

VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blk97F150

I received this on Sep 18th.

Subject : VA-ALERT: VCDL-PAC Statewide Endorsements
Date : Wed, Sep 18, 2013 12:30 AM

(edit: Removed a duplicate of what Peter posted... he's quicker on the 'post' button than I am! :lol: )

Last edited:

Riverdance

Criteria for endorsement

Will it be the Libertarian - Sarvis who was rated "Very Pro Gun", or will it be the Republican Cuccinelli who was rated "so-so" ?"END QUOTE

The PAC does not rely on surveys alone for their endoresments. Anybody can say anything. If one of the candidates has an actual voting record, it weighs into the equation. And Cuccinelli has a voting record.

Last edited:

Thundar

The candidate that is the most "pro-gun" that could actually WIN the election.

Ed, I think your answer is full of Malarkey. Now that the election is over, I would love a citation that explains the VCDL PAC endorsement criteria. Peter is right in stating that the PACs need fixing.

My House of Delegate District is the 95th. That is Mame BaCote territory and Bloom had absolutely no chance. He was a nice guy, but he was not going to win. VCDL PAC knew this. Why did VCDL PAC endorse Bloom?

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I would also like to see the VCDL-PAC's criteria, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't know of ANY PAC that would release it. Therefore, I'm thankful that VCDL and the PAC are separate.

I am very curious about the 44th, where they endorsed a whack job over an anti, based, from what is visible, ONLY on the survey.

But peter nap is correct; the election is over. The work to be done has not gone away.

AJG

I would also like to see the VCDL-PAC's criteria, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't know of ANY PAC that would release it. Therefore, I'm thankful that VCDL and the PAC are separate.

I am very curious about the 44th, where they endorsed a whack job over an anti, based, from what is visible, ONLY on the survey.

But peter nap is correct; the election is over. The work to be done has not gone away.

Tess, hmmmmm seperate? Really? We didn't see that seperation on the VCDL FB page... all the cr*p that was spewed over there was related to the PAC endorsements ie the VCDL's endorsements...

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Tess, hmmmmm seperate? Really? We didn't see that seperation on the VCDL FB page... all the cr*p that was spewed over there was related to the PAC endorsements ie the VCDL's endorsements...

Well, it's gone now so I can't show you the thread after thread there where I made that point. And took a lot of crap for it.