• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New low for McAuliffe

va_tazdad

Terry lies at debate !

McAuliffe said Ken was driving away business, yet today, Forbes Magazine has Virginia rated as the best state for business.

So the Democrats actually think anyone with an IQ above 50 would believe McAuliffe over Forbes????

Let the carpetbagger go run for Governor of New York where they believe idiots like Terry and Bloomers!

Virginia sure doesn't need an idiot like Terry!

nuc65

Activist Member
Even after a Nanny Mayor Bloomberg endorsement, you think this applies to Republicans?? Really?

TFred

Do you really think that it doesn't? Perhaps Republicans wouldn't ban over-sized sodas but they have acted against the Constitution numerous times in different ways. Texas, that bastion of conservative opinion, bans open carry. Republicans like laws and taxes just as much as the democrats as far as I can tell. So yes, I think it applies to the current breed of GOP member as well as to the progressive liberal democratic breed.

Thundar

If, as appears likely with ~40 days until the election, McAuliffe wins then we're going to be in for a painful four years.

HOWEVER, let's not all lose our heads over this. Remember that the General Assembly is overwhelmingly pro-gun and as it stands (and we may gain in the House of Delegates, by the way) any gun control bills would never even come out of committee. Also, remember that the VCDL has been very effective in recent years and that the. NRA and GOA are headquartered in the Commonwealth. Do you really think the NRA would allow any sort of gun control to pass? Doubtful.

That being said, Sarvis needs to stop siphoning votes from Cuccinelli and drop out of the race. Also, the NRA and the Cuccinelli campaign need to run nonstop ads attacking McAuliffe on gun control. Imagine the votes he'd lose over guns. I mean, this is still Virginia after all.

- Snip

Last edited:

The Wolfhound

Presupposition

Anyone who presupposes that all Sarvis voters would by necessity vote only for Coochinelli or vote at all is missing the point. Voting is not required and when the choices are repugnant the "none of the above" option looms large.

Thundar

Wait, let me fix it for you

Robert Sarvis could do an immense service to the Commonwealth of Virginia by dropping out of the race for Governor. Sure he provides an outlet for those that like both his message and the chance to cast a protest vote, but at what expense if McAuliffe were to win - that and Sarvis doesn't stand an ice cube's chance in hell of winning.

Sarvis is siphoning votes from Ken C., thereby increasing the risk that Bloomberg style politics will come to Virginia.

Let me help Grapeshot.....

Ken Cuccinelli could do an immense service to the Commonwealth of Virginia by dropping out of the race for Governor. Sure he provides an outlet for those that like both his message and the chance to cast a protest vote, but at what expense if McAuliffe were to win - that and Cuccinelli doesn't stand an ice cube's chance in hell of winning.

Cuccinelli is siphoning votes from Robert S.., thereby increasing the risk that Bloomberg style politics will come to Virginia.

There, I fixed it for you

AppealPlay

Let me help Grapeshot.....

Ken Cuccinelli could do an immense service to the Commonwealth of Virginia by dropping out of the race for Governor. Sure he provides an outlet for those that like both his message and the chance to cast a protest vote, but at what expense if McAuliffe were to win - that and Cuccinelli doesn't stand an ice cube's chance in hell of winning.

Cuccinelli is siphoning votes from Robert S.., thereby increasing the risk that Bloomberg style politics will come to Virginia.

There, I fixed it for you

You must admit though, that Sarvis has no chance of winning this election right? So, it's basically a symbolic vote. I get it, man. I do! I've voted third party before myself so I understand.

BUT...come on. If you really believe voting for Sarvis is in the best interest of Virginia gun owners, you're lying to yourself. Do I like Cuccinelli? Not really. Do I like Sarvis? Sure. Do I like McAuliffe? Hell no!

The only viable choice we have to protect gun owners in the Commonwealth is to suck it up and vote for Cuccinelli.

The election is still 40 days away. Many (perhaps most if we're being honest) people haven't even started to pay attention yet. The polls could shift dramatically between now and November 5. Cuccinelli is only 4.2 points behind in the RCP average. That's nothing. That margin could be gained overnight or even by bad weather on election day. Let's not lose sight of that!

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Anyone who presupposes that all Sarvis voters would by necessity vote only for Coochinelli or vote at all is missing the point. Voting is not required and when the choices are repugnant the "none of the above" option looms large.

+1

There is nobody I hate so much that I would afflict them with such candidates.

AppealPlay

If anyone is still thinking about voting for McAuliffe or Sarvis on principle, please watch this video first:

[video=youtube;l9slSEoJX1M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9slSEoJX1M[/video]

Apparently, we can buy guns through mail order in Virginia. What a moron this guy is.

Last edited:

va_tazdad

McAuliffe lies in another ad

McAuliffe states in another ad that "Ken is driving businesses out of Virginia".

Funny, but Forbes magazine just yesterday listed Virginia as the # 1 state for business. Who should we believe, a known and proven carpetbagging liar or one of the top business publications in the world?

I am not dumb enough to believe Terry, nor will I vote for him. Let him run for office in a state where they like scum politicians like New York where he belongs.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Robert Sarvis could do an immense service to the Commonwealth of Virginia by dropping out of the race for Governor. Sure he provides an outlet for those that like both his message and the chance to cast a protest vote, but at what expense if McAuliffe were to win - that and Sarvis doesn't stand an ice cube's chance in hell of winning.

Sarvis is siphoning votes from Ken C., thereby increasing the risk that Bloomberg style politics will come to Virginia.

Grapeshot, I luv ya, but you're 100% wrong on this. The only way he could do that is if sheeple get swayed by the "Ken loves guns" lies and wagers for him (basing a choice on "who can win" is a wager, not a vote) instead of voting their consciences. I strongly disagree with people who will cast aside their beliefs this way. If Ken represents you on most issues, so be it (and I'll fight you tooth and nail on those too), but don't vote just because he says he's good. Remember his lack of integrity on previous quetsions of rights.

HOWEVER, let's not all lose our heads over this. Remember that the General Assembly is overwhelmingly pro-gun and as it stands (and we may gain in the House of Delegates, by the way) any gun control bills would never even come out of committee.

Best point made in this thread. Too bad he(?) followed it up with NRA having much power in the Virginia General Assembly. They don't seem to care enough to carry it.

That being said, the Cooch needs to stop siphoning votes from Sarvis and drop out of the race.

Love it!

Precisely and nicely stated.

You must admit though, that Sarvis has no chance of winning this election right? So, it's basically a symbolic vote. I get it, man. I do! I've voted third party before myself so I understand.

BUT...come on. If you really believe voting for Sarvis is in the best interest of Virginia gun owners, you're lying to yourself. Do I like Cuccinelli? Not really. Do I like Sarvis? Sure. Do I like McAuliffe? Hell no!

The only viable choice we have to protect gun owners in the Commonwealth is to suck it up and vote for Cuccinelli.

The election is still 40 days away. Many (perhaps most if we're being honest) people haven't even started to pay attention yet. The polls could shift dramatically between now and November 5. Cuccinelli is only 4.2 points behind in the RCP average. That's nothing. That margin could be gained overnight or even by bad weather on election day. Let's not lose sight of that!

Asking me to suck it up and vote for Cuccinelli is asking me to vote for someone I find morally abhorrent, integrity challenged, arrogant, condescending, and wrong on so many issues. You're asking me to put aside my character and my conscience to do as someone else wishes. Is that what you really want to see in your fellow citizens?

I think both candidates are equally bad for the state, in different ways, and will take the chance that I have to fight harder, longer, and smarter to counter one than the other.

Repeater

Grapeshot, I luv ya, but you're 100% wrong on this.

Tess, in her remarks, makes some excellent point. It seems she is not alone:

Support for third party candidate grows amid combative Va. governor's race
Libertarian candidate Robert Sarvis thinks the race's tone is giving him an edge. Sitting in the audience during the debate on NBC4, Sarvis noticed "a lot of people tweeting that I won the debate because of how negative the other candidates were."

There's a chance Sarvis could be invited to attend the next gubernatorial debate. "As long as we can maintain our double digits in some of the polls ... I think we'll be included," says Sarvis.

A recent Washington Post poll shows Sarvis could get 10 percent of the vote. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.5 percent.

How many here agree that Sarvis deserves a chance to be both seen and heard at the next and final televised debate?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Welcome to OCDO AppealPlay - lots of good folks here. Keep a watch on the stickies for a meet n' greet.

Yes the election makes me nervous, but it is basically the same position Ken Cuccinelli has been in most of his campaigns. I expect him to win, just would like it to be by a commanding margin - sending a message to the antis.

I wholeheartedly agree about Sarvis siphoning votes Grape. For those that think it won't make a difference, I'd like to point out that in the Kilgore/Kaine race, Kilgore who was the favorite, insulted Philip Van Cleave. He lost by about the same number of VCDL members at that time and gave us the Kaine reign of terror.

In this election, Cuccinelli has to contend with Sarvis and the one position groups (Pro Choice, Etc.) and the people who vote Republican as a block.

Jackson managed to alienate a massive chunk of voters (Jews, Muslims...everyone but card carrying Christians)plus the bigots that won't vote for a black candidate.

Rather than block vote Republican with Jackson on the ticket, they'll stay home.

Obenshain has lost most of the hunters that want Sunday hunting plus a significant number of people that refuse to go with the Voter ID law.

I'm afraid this is going to be very, very, close.

Thundar

You must admit though, that the Cooch has no chance of winning this election right? So, it's basically a symbolic vote. I get it, man. I do! I've voted "lesser of two evils" myself so I understand.

BUT...come on. If you really believe voting for Cuccinelli is in the best interest of Virginia gun owners, you're lying to yourself. Do I like Cuccinelli? Not really. Do I like Sarvis? Sure. Do I like McAuliffe? Hell no!

The only viable choice we have to protect gun owners in the Commonwealth is to stick to our principles and vote for Sarvis.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
You must admit though, that the Cooch has no chance of winning this election right? So, it's basically a symbolic vote. I get it, man. I do! I've voted "lesser of two evils" myself so I understand.

BUT...come on. If you really believe voting for Cuccinelli is in the best interest of Virginia gun owners, you're lying to yourself. Do I like Cuccinelli? Not really. Do I like Sarvis? Sure. Do I like McAuliffe? Hell no!

The only viable choice we have to protect gun owners in the Commonwealth is to stick to our principles and vote for Sarvis.

If we're placing our ability to protect gun owners on a candidate that HAS NO CHANCE of getting elected, we may just as well stay home.

Lightning can strike anywhere and miracles do happen ... so if Sarvis does win, I will buy you a steak dinner at the restaurant of your choice. I think my piggy bank is safe....

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
If we're placing our ability to protect gun owners on a candidate that HAS NO CHANCE of getting elected, we may just as well stay home.

Lightning can strike anywhere and miracles do happen ... so if Sarvis does win, I will buy you a steak dinner at the restaurant of your choice. I think my piggy bank is safe....

I'll pay half James!

When I was a child, my mother read me a story about a boy who could fly. When he pulled the zipper up on his jacket, he took off.

I spent a fair amount of time the next morning yanking the zipper on my coat.

At the end of the day, I was still earthbound.

On the first Wednesday of November, Thundar will have a worn out zipper, no aerial photos and no dinner out!:monkey:lol:

AppealPlay

Funny. You're a comedian.

There is some cognitive dissonance going on here. You say that Cuccinelli has no chance of winning the election (which isn't true mind you) but then you bring up Sarvis. Sarvis has about as good of a chance of becoming the next governor as I do of winning the lottery without buying a ticket. Zero point zero.