• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just had a gun pointed at me

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Later, during our conversation I discovered that he is former member of the military with many years of elite service.

cTGzBA0.jpg

?

independence

Just now, I had something work related that I needed to return to the offending individual. I placed it in an envelope and in with it I placed a copy of this Army gun safety poster:

https://safety.army.mil/Portals/multimedia/Repository/THINK_Weapons_Safety_POW3.pdf

He is former Army, so I was hoping this would hit home. I printed it on 8.5/11" paper and on it I used orange marker to draw a big arrow next to the part about muzzle control. When he came to my office, I handed the envelope to him and he didn't open it while at my office. I will report back if there are any further interactions of interest.

Last edited:

Silvertongue

Just now, I had something work related that I needed to return to the offending individual. I placed it in an envelope and in with it I placed a copy of this Army gun safety poster:

https://safety.army.mil/Portals/multimedia/Repository/THINK_Weapons_Safety_POW3.pdf

He is former Army, so I was hoping this would hit home. I printed it on 8.5/11" paper and on it I used orange marker to draw a big arrow next to the part about muzzle control. When he came to my office, I handed the envelope to him and he didn't open it while at my office. I will report back if there are any further interactions of interest.

I applaud your restraint in the matter.

S&W500

I have had the employes of a couple different gander mountain locations point the buisness end at me and i always react the same..move to the side and politely ask them not to point it at me. I then follow up with a chat with the manager on hand. If it ever happens again just politelyask them not to point it at you and rember never to talk guns with them again. Personaly i would never remove a loaded weapon for show. Im sure he could have just dropped the mag to retrive a a round for show.

independence

I have had the employes of a couple different gander mountain locations point the buisness end at me and i always react the same..move to the side and politely ask them not to point it at me. I then follow up with a chat with the manager on hand. If it ever happens again just politelyask them not to point it at you and rember never to talk guns with them again. Personaly i would never remove a loaded weapon for show. Im sure he could have just dropped the mag to retrive a a round for show.

As stated, I think he wanted to compare the round to one on my desk. We were talking ballistics. But I know what you mean about dropping the mag for show. Once upon a time before I was a gun owner, a friend of mine and his family were at my house and we were talking about self defense. He said he wanted to show me something and asked me if we could go in the back room. We get back there and he pulls a CC pistol in a very quick and "watch this" manner, saying, "This is what you need!" Not only that, he quickly racks the slide for emphasis, lol. At the time, I was kind of in awe because I was a lamer. In retrospect, I see it differently. I think it was totally inappropriate to pull the weapon in that fashion. I'm pretty sure that I remember him pointing it at a nearby wall of the room. On the other side of that wall were my sleeping children! I thought nothing of this at the time, as I had no firearms and no gun safety experience. And if he racked the slide, then apparently he doesn't carry with a round chambered!

Back to the subject matter of this thread: I have interacted with the offending individual since my last post and he didn't say anything about the gun safety poster that I gave him, lol.