• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How's that "gun show loophole" working out for ya?

nuc65

Activist Member
Internet Purchases

I have purchase a sidearm and a rifle via the internet, both times it was mailed to a local dealer who then did the BG check. My question is, why do the antis keep claiming that one can order via the internet without a BG? I can see maybe finding a private seller in the same state, which isn't any different than the so-called gun show loophole.

TFred

I have purchase a sidearm and a rifle via the internet, both times it was mailed to a local dealer who then did the BG check. My question is, why do the antis keep claiming that one can order via the internet without a BG? I can see maybe finding a private seller in the same state, which isn't any different than the so-called gun show loophole.
When you have a [eta: liberal] agenda to promote, facts are little more than speed bumps to be ignored or avoided altogether.

TFred

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
And why can't this "three-time" felon be allowed to own?

Heck, they let him out .. he's on the street...he can strangle someone if he wants...

So dangerous he cannot own a gun? Then he's to dangerous to be out !

TFred

Here's the sound bite version of that for you:

"Any person too dangerous to be walking around with a gun is also too dangerous to be walking around WITHOUT a gun."

TFred

ETA: A prospect altogether rejected by the liberal gun-grabbers, because to them, it's always the gun's fault...

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Here's the sound bite version of that for you:

"Any person too dangerous to be walking around with a gun is also too dangerous to be walking around WITHOUT a gun."

TFred

ETA: A prospect altogether rejected by the liberal gun-grabbers, because to them, it's always the gun's fault...

Hey, its the short short version ! Greeeeat !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHsDivVNDJI

markand

My question is, why do the antis keep claiming that one can order via the internet without a BG?
Unfortunately, there are more than enough ignorant people who will believe that lie without question. That makes the lie a very effective and potentially successful means to enact legislation to "fix" a non-existent problem, thereby advancing their real objective of making gun ownership difficult, expensive and risky from the standpoint of having to navigate an increasingly arcane and incomprehensible regulatory maze to avoid jail. Their hope is that gun owners will just give up.

Look at what's been done with class 3/title 2 hardware like full auto guns, suppressors, etc. The expense, hassle, and regulatory burden of acquisition and ownership has taken many people who might otherwise like to own such hardware out of the picture. The antis wold like to do the same thing to all guns. Any lie, exaggeration, twisting of facts or fabrication of statistics that helps bring about that end is perfectly acceptable to them.

Black_water

Even if what the antis say is true, guns from private sales, without background checks do not account for enough guns getting onto the street to justify the disproportionate response from the government. That is, if you want to use their own language against them when it comes to other things, like say voter ID.

This article:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/guns/procon/guns.html

goes into some detail about how guns make it to the street. Nowhere in there does it include "private sales", unless of course you consider criminal sales, like straw purchases, corrupt FFL and theft as a "private sale".