Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comments needed: Article by Gun Grabber Ken Plum, Delegate from Fairfax County

Comments needed: Article by Gun Grabber Ken Plum, Delegate from Fairfax County

Typical lies and misinformation.

Needs more opposing comments.

TFred

Where Is the Outrage?

Banned
    He is free to move to China. Adios !

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Typical lies and misinformation.

Needs more opposing comments.

TFred

Where Is the Outrage?
    He's a 'Northern Virginian'. Your comments aren't going to matter.... you can't talk sense into those people.

Where's outrage at the real threats? Gubmint intervention in foreign nations resulting in hundreds of thousands of deaths due to collateral damage, LEO shootings of innocents or low threat situations (COSTCO, guy in driveway, guy in garage), kids dying in swimming pools, household accidents, bathtubs, burns?

They're not politically expedient so he has no comment.

Good post by Philip VC. Flagged up.

actions

I read it, l liked the ones that mattered...im not the best speaker, nor politician. I simply made donations to ken, nra and vcdl..along with scouser and buying him dinner a few months ago....with those actions...I hope someone who speaks better, has more power and influence as well as political savvy can use my actions to speak for me...I will also vote and carry family and friends to the polls
    If you can not move at 1100 fps, then pass me by.

NoVa

Quote Originally Posted by Blk97F150 View Post
    He's a 'Northern Virginian'. Your comments aren't going to matter.... you can't talk sense into those people.
    Not all NoVa residents are as self-serving and dim-witted as Mr. Plum. I am a very strong believer in the Constitution and the BoR. It may be that my hometown is in the far southwest corner of the Commenwealth but I've been living in NoVa since returning from Germany in 1989. I have never voted along any party lines and I would definitely have never voted Mr. Plum into office if I lived in the Reston district. I ALWAYS vote for whoever I believe is the best candidate regardless of political affiliation. Plum needs to move to NY or Kalifornia.

Quote Originally Posted by bbMurphy View Post
    Not all NoVa residents are as self-serving and dim-witted as Mr. Plum. I am a very strong believer in the Constitution and the BoR. It may be that my hometown is in the far southwest corner of the Commenwealth but I've been living in NoVa since returning from Germany in 1989. I have never voted along any party lines and I would definitely have never voted Mr. Plum into office if I lived in the Reston district. I ALWAYS vote for whoever I believe is the best candidate regardless of political affiliation. Plum needs to move to NY or Kalifornia.
    I understand your comments.... but sadly, people like you seem to be the minority 'up north'.... (and the line that defines 'Northern Virginia' seems to slowly keep moving south!)

thats not always true.

I understand your comments.... but sadly, people like you seem to be the minority 'up north'.... (and the line that defines 'Northern Virginia' seems to slowly keep moving south!)
    Some of us who live in Nova fight the good fight. If no one bothers trying then it will be worse for the rest.
    Last edited by crazydude6030; 09-26-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazydude6030 View Post
    thats not always true.

Some of us who live in Nova fight the good fight. If no one bothers trying then it will be worse for the rest.
    God bless the good folks in NOVA who do fight the good fight, unfortunatly they are becoming a minority. Novites are infiltrating our great state in droves and bringing their northern progressivism with them like locusts. Novites are usually not from Virginia and therefore have no concept of our values and traditions, and they don't care to. It saddens me to see this almost every day I am out and about. It is apparent in the article the author is a novite as he wants "balance" in the second ammendment. WTF?
    "The greatest calamity which can befall us would be submission to a government of unlimited powers" Thomas Jefferson

Fact: Most folks in Virginia are pro-gun.

Fact: Most folks in NoVA are pro-gun.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post

Your first comment is absolutly accurate, however I question your second comment. Lets see who votes for Terry and his antis in a little over a month
    "The greatest calamity which can befall us would be submission to a government of unlimited powers" Thomas Jefferson

Cite please.

+1
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Marshaul
    You are one of the guys here that often offers me an alternative (to mine) point: of view, I respect your opinion, I have alot of experience with NoVA, lived there for many years, my son's father in law is in the GA representing part of NoVA. I respectly ask for a cite, poll, or whatever that indicates most in NoVA are pro gun. I hope you are right and I am wrong. BTW thank you for your efforts to promote our 2A, and the Constitution
    Last edited by POPS VA; 09-26-2013 at 06:18 PM.

I'm not gonna provide a cite, and I don't have any polls for you (my disdain for such things has been voiced around here before...)

I grew up in Northern Virginia, however.

Let me preface this by pointing out that it's easy for pollsters to ask loaded questions such as 'do you support reasonable X control?" and elicit answers that, like the questions, don't really have anything to do with actual legislation that might actually be passed.

Unfortunately, the same thing happens with politics as well, with the – quite evident, I should say – result that government really doesn't represent the people. It, at best, offers at regular intervals a "lesser of two evils" contest – one which is either about no real issue at all, or is "about" largely imagined, exaggerated, and irrelevant "issues".

Anyway, "even" with the large immigrant population, I am surprised when I encounter someone expressing anti-gun sentiment. Many people, it's true, genuinely don't care at all, one way or the other. But I have spent (and continue to spend) a lot of time in NoVA. I can literally count the number of times I have received or encountered anti-gun sentiment amongst Virginias, "new" or old. Has it happened? Sure.

Specifically, I have open carried a lot in NoVA, for many years now. (A lot of interesting times, interesting places, to say the least.) Now, maybe it's because I have long hair, a beard, and am obviously not a cop, or a wannabe, or pretty much anything else – just me! – but the overwhelming response or sentiment I receive (if any at all) is "cool!" or "right on!" or "I didn't know I could do that!". And this is from people of all walks of life – any subculture, or economic status, or national background or race you can imagine (and, yes, even including Democrats). Amongst my friends from NoVA, virtually all are what I would describe as "quite pro gun", and they're as subculturally diverse a bunch as the rest.

Most folks in NoVA aren't anti-gun. Most folks, if they weren't presented with a false "lesser of two evils, but we're still gonna stick it somewhere ban or overlegislate something" dilemma, don't particularly desire gun control more than they desire ridiculous drug (but only a few) control, pointless and archaic ABC laws, grossly overinflated taxes coming from a hundred different places, or ridiculously low speed limits (with the state profiting yet again at their expense). These things are imposed on them, with a mockery of their "consent", over the constant extortionist threat of even greater vile encroachments on their attempts to simply live their lives without interference.

I believe that without a shadow of a doubt. And this is why open carry, and the resulting normalization of real, meaningful and useful gun rights that eveyone can appreciate, is so crucial. (Also why I tease CCers so relentlessly. Come on folks! Open carry really works, and you can do it, too. )

(And it's why I relentlessly vote libertarian. )
    Last edited by marshaul; 09-26-2013 at 10:38 PM.

They elected Dirty Dick Saslaw.

Cite please.
    What other proof is needed?

(Sarcasm off)
    Last edited by va_tazdad; 09-27-2013 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    What other proof is needed?

(Sarcasm off)
    LOL!

Apparently the word "FACT" does not mean what I thought it did....

LOL!

Apparently the word "FACT" does not mean what I thought it did....
    If you think the results of some ridiculous, agenda-driven poll represent "fact", then I'd have to agree with this remark.

If you think the results of some ridiculous, agenda-driven poll represent "fact", then I'd have to agree with this remark.
    I never requested a poll.... I requested a Cite to a comment that you presented as "Fact". You later presented your opinion, based on your personal experiences. Thats cool.... but thats hardly "Fact".

I never requested a poll.... I requested a Cite to a comment that you presented as "Fact". You later presented your opinion, based on your personal experiences. Thats cool.... but thats hardly "Fact".
    I'm unimpressed. There's no other way you could cite such a thing, which effectively means there's no way to cite it whatsoever.

I submit that A: if your standard for "fact" depends on a citation, you must be ignorant of virtually everything except law, and B: if you're content to ignore my lengthy explanation above (tldr?) and place misguided emphasis on my (somewhat intentionally hyperbolic) use of the word "fact" – which is of no consequence whatever – that you're likely letting your political biases dictate your outlook and conclusions but, speaking from a position of pure ignorance, have no better approach than to attack my phraseology, rather than the content.

I also submit that whatever you're thinking but not saying is dead wrong.

Fact: the sky is blue, grass is green. Shall I provide a citation for this, too? Are you going to let the exceptions distort your view of the obvious truth?
    Last edited by marshaul; 09-27-2013 at 11:59 AM.

I'm unimpressed. There's no other way you could cite such a thing, which effectively means there's no way to cite it whatsoever.

I submit that A: if your standard for "fact" depends on a citation, you must be ignorant of virtually everything except law, and B: if you're content to ignore my lengthy explanation above (tldr?) and place misguided emphasis on my (somewhat intentionally hyperbolic) use of the word "fact" which is of no consequence whatever that you're likely letting your political biases dictate your outlook and conclusions but, speaking from a position of pure ignorance, have no better approach than to attack my phraseology, rather than the content.

I also submit that whatever you're thinking but not saying is dead wrong.

Fact: the sky is blue, grass is green. Shall I provide a citation for this, too? Are you going to let the exceptions distort your view of the obvious truth?
    The bottom line is that you presented a statement as 'Fact', and when called on it, you can't back your statement up with any data that substantiates your claim. Period. The only thing you have to offer is personal opinion... which certainly has some value... but its not 'Fact'.

To quote Eye.... 'Moving on..'

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    The bottom line is that you presented a statement as 'Fact', and when called on it, you can't back your statement up with any data that substantiates your claim. Period. The only thing you have to offer is personal opinion... which certainly has some value... but its not 'Fact'.

To quote Eye.... 'Moving on..'
    I validate everything that Marshaul opined about. I have openly carried in NoVA for the last three years and have not once been negatively confronted by anyone. Most people here are completely oblivious to the fact that I am carrying and if there is any comment at all, it has to do with what I am carrying compared to what they carry.

So now you have two opinions and no cite.

Can you provide a cite that most NoVA citizens are *anti* gun rights or carry? Or is that just *your* opinion?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    I validate everything that Marshaul opined about. I have openly carried in NoVA for the last three years and have not once been negatively confronted by anyone. Most people here are completely oblivious to the fact that I am carrying and if there is any comment at all, it has to do with what I am carrying compared to what they carry.

Can you provide a cite that most NoVA citizens are *anti* gun rights or carry? Or is that just *your* opinion?

I'm with you gents who carry in NoVA and don't get hassled.

HOWEVER, the statistics of who Northern Virginians send as "representatives" says a crap-ton about issues. And this year, many of the "representatives" are putting their anti-gun planks much higher on their platforms than they have in previous years; money must be coming in from the Bloomberg and Soros camps.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    I'm with you gents who carry in NoVA and don't get hassled.

HOWEVER, the statistics of who Northern Virginians send as "representatives" says a crap-ton about issues. And this year, many of the "representatives" are putting their anti-gun planks much higher on their platforms than they have in previous years; money must be coming in from the Bloomberg and Soros camps.
    I caution you not to conflate the positions of the elected representatives with the things that are important to the people who voted to elect them. So many people are single-issue voters or party voters that even absolute morons such as Moran get reelected. "Vote for me because I am pro-abortion ... or help me defeat the "war on women" ... or to allow illegal immigrants amnesty ... or to enact 'common sense' gun control laws ... or because I'm a Democrat ... etc." Just because more voters in some districts keep electing these political opportunists to office does not mean that those voters agree with everything that rep does.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post

I never stated my opinion was "Fact".... thus the difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast