Thread: 4th armed mugging at my school in Auburn

4th armed mugging at my school in Auburn

I attend Green River CC in Auburn, and about 3 months ago I got an e-mail entitled Campus Alert, and the e-mail was almost exactly a carbon copy of the one posted below. Since that day, I have received three more e-mails, including the one today - which brings the total to four.

Since the e-mails were almost exact copies of each other - I called campus security each time to confirm that it was not an accidental duplicate sent out of the previous e-mail, but that they were in fact separate incidents - and they are.

The location that this happens is exactly the same each time, and the M.O. and suspects' descriptions are also identical each time. This is un-nerving to say the least. The bit at the bottom telling me what campus security is doing to help is a joke. The location of the mugging is quite literally 20 FEET from campus.

CAMPUS ADVISORY – Student robbed at temporary bus stop adjacent to campus

DATE & TIME: Wednesday, September 25, 9 p.m.

DETAILS: At about 8:30 p.m., a Green River student was robbed while waiting for a King County Metro bus at the bus stop located on 320th Street. Two men approached the student, threatened him with a knife, and stole his backpack and cell phone.

The suspects are described as:

Male African American, 20 to 25 years old

Approximately 6’ thin build

Both were wearing baggy clothing and dark colored hooded sweatshirts

WHAT GREEN RIVER IS DOING:

Campus Safety is working closely with Auburn Police to assist in the investigation and help prevent further incidents

Campus Safety has increased patrols of Campus Corner Apartments and the bus stop area

WHAT YOU CAN DO:

Call 911 if you see any suspicious activity

Contact Campus Safety at 253-288-3350 if you witness anything suspicious
    Last edited by devldogs55; 09-26-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Banned
    What? Didn't they give you whistles? Tweeet arrrgggghhhh ...

I'm sure that's something they would consider! My whistle will get me expelled.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    What? Didn't they give you whistles? Tweeet arrrgggghhhh ...
    I thought joe biden said to throw up on them?
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Who wants to spend a couple hours at a bus stop?

I could wear some fancy jewelry, dick around with a laptop, and make myself an inviting target.

We'd be able to take two idiots off the street.
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Well I would appreciate if ya'll would do that - that way it won't ever happen to me and I can not get kicked out of school for the way I handle it.

Banned
    kid's in college ... gave him a whistle ... asked them if this is so that all the rapists know where a "willing" participant was located.....swarm swarm swarm....even the campus cops got no guns.

Just targets ...