• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4th armed mugging at my school in Auburn

devldogs55

I attend Green River CC in Auburn, and about 3 months ago I got an e-mail entitled Campus Alert, and the e-mail was almost exactly a carbon copy of the one posted below. Since that day, I have received three more e-mails, including the one today - which brings the total to four.

Since the e-mails were almost exact copies of each other - I called campus security each time to confirm that it was not an accidental duplicate sent out of the previous e-mail, but that they were in fact separate incidents - and they are.

The location that this happens is exactly the same each time, and the M.O. and suspects' descriptions are also identical each time. This is un-nerving to say the least. The bit at the bottom telling me what campus security is doing to help is a joke. The location of the mugging is quite literally 20 FEET from campus.

CAMPUS ADVISORY – Student robbed at temporary bus stop adjacent to campus

DATE & TIME: Wednesday, September 25, 9 p.m.

DETAILS: At about 8:30 p.m., a Green River student was robbed while waiting for a King County Metro bus at the bus stop located on 320th Street. Two men approached the student, threatened him with a knife, and stole his backpack and cell phone.

The suspects are described as:

· Male African American, 20 to 25 years old

· Approximately 6’ thin build

· Both were wearing baggy clothing and dark colored hooded sweatshirts

WHAT GREEN RIVER IS DOING:

· Campus Safety is working closely with Auburn Police to assist in the investigation and help prevent further incidents

· Campus Safety has increased patrols of Campus Corner Apartments and the bus stop area

WHAT YOU CAN DO:

· Call 911 if you see any suspicious activity

· Contact Campus Safety at 253-288-3350 if you witness anything suspicious

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

Who wants to spend a couple hours at a bus stop?

I could wear some fancy jewelry, dick around with a laptop, and make myself an inviting target.

We'd be able to take two idiots off the street.

devldogs55

Well I would appreciate if ya'll would do that - that way it won't ever happen to me and I can not get kicked out of school for the way I handle it.

davidmcbeth

Banned
kid's in college ... gave him a whistle ... asked them if this is so that all the rapists know where a "willing" participant was located.....swarm swarm swarm....even the campus cops got no guns.

Just targets ...