• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fair Grove now a no-go.

HYRYSC

Unbeknownst to me, Fair Grove has changed it's regulations to now restrict Open Carry. Previously you could Open Carry as long as you had your CCW. However I just checked and now the law has now been changed where that is no longer an exemption.

Statewide preemption is certainly needed.

mspgunner

Unbeknownst to me, Fair Grove has changed it's regulations to now restrict Open Carry. Previously you could Open Carry as long as you had your CCW. However I just checked and now the law has now been changed where that is no longer an exemption.

I can tell you it is NOT in the near future. OC with CCW State wide has a better than average chance next year as part of the Second Amendment Preervation Act which will be brought back up in January after its unfortunate lack of veto over ride. Preemption - no wher ein sight. One thing that is needed is more OCers being involved in the process. "WE" are badly lacking in that area. Numbers make a difference, we cam't even get a decent crowd at local and Capitol events to promote OC rights. Exampe, there will be a open carry rally in Union, MO. Oct. 26 in the City Park at 1:00 PM. There is almost no interest here for it despite have the sponsor of the OC in the Senate Brian Nieves there along with the Speaker of the Missouri House Tim Jones and others. There are a lot of people here from the STL metro area area, but they won't drive 45 minutes to Union in Franklin County. Others further wst in Sullivan, MO, and such who want an OC meet-up are perhaps 30 minutes away, nothing from them either.

If the OC community doesn't get people involved, we get little or nothing. It's a numbers game in the legislature for the most part. People, volunteers for campaigns and money.. we have litle of each compaired to other interests as wel las opposition from some quarters. Not to hard to figure out..................

logunowner

Will open carry state wide with a CCW be attached to the Preservation Act bill again or can it be on it's own or attached to something that will not have as much time in the spot light??? Who will decide what happens? I think we are owed preemptive open carry myself.
I live in the Lake of the Ozark area and I been open carrying for a year now and I have never seen any one else doing it. I have never had a "bad" encounter and hope more people start exercising their rights to do so.

mspgunner

Will open carry state wide with a CCW be attached to the Preservation Act bill again or can it be on it's own or attached to something that will not have as much time in the spot light??? Who will decide what happens? I think we are owed preemptive open carry myself.
I live in the Lake of the Ozark area and I been open carrying for a year now and I have never seen any one else doing it. I have never had a "bad" encounter and hope more people start exercising their rights to do so.

Not trying to be a smart a@@ here but you are asking a detailed questiom on pending legislation.
I NEVER post details of what will come up next year. This sort of stuff is asked on othe rsights as well. Remember NOTEVERYONE WHO READS THIS PUBLIC FORUM FAVORS OUR RIGHTS.

One other thing I'll throw out FYI - I am not the all mighty all powerful guru of Missouri OC laws. I do not decide what what happen in Jefferson City. I am just one everyday citizen amoung many
who happens to work on our 2a/OC rights every single day. I am NOT a lobbyist, I am not paid for anything, I have ZERO financial interest in 2A causes. Maybe that is why I have been some what effective?
There is what we want, there is political reality, after being at this stuff since 2002 I know the difference. Not right, not fair, just the way it is in the Missouri legislature. It tooka long time to learn the lessons. The sooner you get started , the sooner you (not meaning "you" in particular) might just catch on to how things really work in the realities of Government.

In Union, MO. on Oct. 26th we'll chat a bit on the realityof firearms legislation. There will be Missouri Senators, Representatives and candidates there, they'll no doubt smile whenI give the talk, honestly and frankly. I can say some things they can't.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness..............

Boba Fett

It's been that way for over a year now. Right before I turned 18 they bumped the laws out of order. Instead of restoring them to their previous OC position, they just dropped OC altogether. I hate living here some days. :p