Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "You'll be the first one shot!" You're welcome.

"You'll be the first one shot!" You're welcome.

Recently, I got kind of frustrated with someone who disliked my preferred method of carry. He didn't accept it when I told him that the gun-control movement has been trying to separate gun owners (specifically the hunting crowd from the self-defense crowd) for years, and we couldn't really afford to help them out. He pressed on, and I finally responded to his tired old "You'll be the first one shot!" routine with a simple "You're welcome."

He looked a little confused and just walked away.

Has anybody else tried this yet? Do you think it helps or hinders the cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertongue View Post
    Recently, I got kind of frustrated with someone who disliked my preferred method of carry. He didn't accept it when I told him that the gun-control movement has been trying to separate gun owners (specifically the hunting crowd from the self-defense crowd) for years, and we couldn't really afford to help them out. He pressed on, and I finally responded to his tired old "You'll be the first one shot!" routine with a simple "You're welcome."

how would it "hinder the cause"?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    how would it "hinder the cause"?
    By causing further division between the two "factions" of carriers. The cause, to me, is getting OC accepted and subsequently ignored by everybody but those who would do us harm.

Banned

I'm sure you'll get a xmas card from that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I'm sure you'll get a xmas card from that guy.

By causing further division between the two "factions" of carriers. The cause, to me, is getting OC accepted and subsequently ignored by everybody but those who would do us harm.
    this whole "two factions of carriers" is far overstated. you have a handful of people in the "tactical" camp who teach classes nessecary to recieve a CPL in most states ,and their recent students.

sure there's extremists in every group, but this shift is far overstated, most people who conceal carry do not have an opinion of open carry. plus it's highly unlikely even a concealed carrier will call his representative and say "these open carriers are a problem time to ban it"
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    this whole "two factions of carriers" is far overstated. you have a handful of people in the "tactical" camp who teach classes nessecary to recieve a CPL in most states ,and their recent students.

sure there's extremists in every group, but this shift is far overstated, most people who conceal carry do not have an opinion of open carry. plus it's highly unlikely even a concealed carrier will call his representative and say "these open carriers are a problem time to ban it"
    My experiences must vary slightly from yours.

Yes, we all know that thugs are well trained in going to a stop-and-rob armed with a keen sense of threat awareness, situational assessment and multiple contingencies for every stick-em-up op

I believe that crooks want the easy way...the easy money. If they take the time to look around and see a threat they usually go to the next easier target. Those that are too concentrated on the prize usually get caught by surprise.

I should try to get a grant so I can study this crap and/or finish my thesis
    Last edited by Bernymac; 09-26-2013 at 04:47 PM.

My experiences must vary slightly from yours.
    well of course, someone who doesn't care about how you carry isn't going to criticise you for it.

NRA Member

play it like we do here , people have been ocing for years so ,surely you can state a case, and the site that I can look up would be????
    Our ancesters, veterens, and people of the service gave and are giving their time and sacrifice to preserve and defend our rights . it''s up to us the people to show appreciation by not sacrificing but investing time to exercise and preserve those rights.......the bushwacker...

Quote Originally Posted by bushwacker View Post
    play it like we do here , people have been ocing for years so ,surely you can state a case, and the site that I can look up would be????
    And after they do that, I can ask them to cite a case where to OC'er was NOT wearing a badge.

"... you'll just get shot first."

"Then, everyone else will have just that much longer to get out of there. Yer, welcome, sport."

Best answer ever

Great response. The fact that you confused him and caused him to wander off means you disrupted his thought process and gave him something else to chew on.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

Love it... Absolutely love it.

"You'll be the first one shot!" You're welcome.

I just had a conversation with a long time friend who proclaimed that if we were standing next to one another (he carrying concealed and myself OC) I would be the first one shot in an armed robbery.. And that I should get a CHL. We had a long talk and he is certainly set in his ways so the conversation ended when oregon ducks were brought up and another argument started.. But what does it matter if I OC? Does that hurt the cause? Does that drive a wedge? I don't think so...

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

I would say 90 percent of the people out there never see your OC gun let alone some one who is busy with something else.

Yes it could happen but then can a lot of other bad stuff I don't worry about it.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Banned
    BGs hate the presence armed citizens.

If one plans on robbing a place and sees your OCed firearm, what is his most likely reaction? Taking you out first, or leaving in favor of a better time or place to commit the robbery.

For the answer, google "open carry waffle house kennesaw georgia."
    Last edited by eye95; 09-27-2013 at 08:58 AM.

These criminal masterminds always see everything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHg56J3yhLQ
    Darren

Pass the popcorn

"Good, I hope I get shot first! Then I won't have to listen to your unproven stupid drivel anymore!"
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

I freakin' love it AND I'm adopting it!! However, I'll do it in a respectful tone & say: "You're quite welcome, sir/ma'am"

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeeeeeeee View Post

Hmmmm. "Robbery by Fear Charge."......... Same way my wife gets me to do things I don't wanna' do....

I have had several people tell me the same thing when I oc. You make yourself a target, you will be the first one shot, and my favorite, someone will take my firearm from me and use it on me. As far as I can tell they are just spouting there own fears.

There is no reason to their arguments and I got bored a long time ago actually arguing with them.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion even if it isn't worth anything and I am sure they voted for someone equally not worth anything and as long as they get to vote for idiots, I get to carry a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeeeeeeee View Post

Right along with the obliviots who kept right on shopping and paying for things at the other register, three feet away.

This is not the only video example. There's one out there of a would-be robber practically elbowing aside a uniformed officer chatting with the clerk, in order to demand the cash from the register. There's at least one of a bank robber attempting his deed right in front of a cop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast