Thread: My Name is Marshall

Smile My Name is Marshall

Attention forum members:

I have noticed over the years that my childish (ancient enough to be so literally) handle causes some confusion.

So I thought I'd waste good bits by starting an entire thread about my name, which is Marshall. It's a good name, and I don't spell it wrong.

That will be all.

Oh, and the point of this is, if you want to refer to me by name, you can (should) use my name, rather than my confusing handle.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Oh, and the point of this is, if you want to refer to me by name, you can (should) use my name, rather than my confusing handle.
    So would this be a good place for me to come out (and clarify that my handle isn't my name)?
    (P.S.: that should in no way be taken as a JAB at the LGBTQ community, as I have quite a few friends that identify as one of the categories under that umbrella)

Here goes:

Hello everyone,

My handle is Rusty Young Man and I am a gun enthusiast. A poor, college-student gun enthusiast, but gun enthusiast nonetheless. I am in the same boat as Marshall, and people (on this thread) know me as Rusty or "RYM", but my name is not Rusty...

@Marshall (aka "Marshaul"): I kind of figured you were just using an alternate spelling for your name. Good to know.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Attention forum members:

I have noticed over the years that my childish (ancient enough to be so literally) handle causes some confusion.

So I thought I'd waste good bits by starting an entire thread about my name, which is Marshall. It's a good name, and I don't spell it wrong.

That will be all.

Well, that's a let-down.

Based on your handle, I thought you were in interplanetary freight. I was gonna asked if I could hitch a ride.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Based on your handle, I thought you were in interplanetary freight. I was gonna asked if I could hitch a ride.

Sir, I am impressed. That makes you the first person in decades (ever?) who not only guessed that it's a pun, but figured out what the pun was, to boot.

My Name is Marshall

Hey, I'm not the only Marshall out there!
    .45 ACP - Because shooting twice is silly

A cop pulled me over and said, "Papers..." So I said "Scissors, I win!" and drove away.

My name should be obvious. I don't know where the 77 came from, I've been on here the better part of 7 years and can't remember why. This is the only website that is graced with my participation, lol.
    Last edited by 77zach; 09-26-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    My name is Seth Yale Minter. Parents wanted me to go to a prestigious school, but instead I became a sneaky mall ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MagiK_SacK View Post
    Hey, I'm not the only Marshall out there!

Good call bro! lol

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    My name is Seth Yale Minter. Parents wanted me to go to a prestigious school, but instead I became a sneaky mall ninja
    Hah! You got any pics of your getup?

Banned
    Bummer ... I always thought you were this guy:

https://www.facebook.com/marshaul.schwarz.1

A sensitive guy ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    So would this be a good place for me to come out (and clarify that my handle isn't my name)?
    (P.S.: that should in no way be taken as a JAB at the LGBTQ community, as I have quite a few friends that identify as one of the categories under that umbrella)

Here goes:

Hello everyone,

My handle is Rusty Young Man and I am a gun enthusiast. A poor, college-student gun enthusiast, but gun enthusiast nonetheless. I am in the same boat as Marshall, and people (on this thread) know me as Rusty or "RYM", but my name is not Rusty...

@Marshall (aka "Marshaul"): I kind of figured you were just using an alternate spelling for your name. Good to know.

OK, Not Rusty. Like in European Vacation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MedHanoUnoY

Hi my name is James T. Kirk. Can someone tell me why that Mac702 guy uses my picture for his avatar?
    I stopped stocking for the zombie apocalypse. I now stock for the liberal apocalypse.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasjayhawk View Post
    Hi my name is James T. Kirk. Can someone tell me why that Mac702 guy uses my picture for his avatar?
    To keep you hidden from Khan. You never saw him die, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasjayhawk View Post
    Sorry, pal. My avatar has been Kirk since before Algore invented the Internet.

As for Marshall, you are lucky in that I read so many of your excellent posts that I remember you well. I will probably remember the correct normal spelling of your name. Normally, I wouldn't bother, and will always use a person's handle instead. Not only for the sake of my own memory, but for easier referencing by newer members reading the posts.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    As for Marshall, you are lucky in that I read so many of your excellent posts that I remember you well. I will probably remember the correct normal spelling of your name. Normally, I wouldn't bother, and will always use a person's handle instead. Not only for the sake of my own memory, but for easier referencing by newer members reading the posts.

Why, thank you.