• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NVCC gun policy question.

Mike_James

So i was reading my colleges gun policy and it confused me a little bit. This is what one section says,

"Faculty, staff, and students may secure unloaded handguns, rifles, and shotguns in a
compartment or container of parked vehicles. Faculty, staff, and students who wish to secure a
handgun in their vehicle must possess a valid concealed handgun permit. The compartment or
container may be a trunk or other storage area. At no time shall a weapon to include handguns,
rifles and shotguns be visible in plain view while inside a vehicle. Furthermore, at no time shall
faculty, staff and students possess the weapon (except while in their vehicle) while on college
property"

The part that confuses me is in the middle, it states that in order to store it in the trunk i have to have a concealed handgun permit, but i know that is not true when it pretains to off campus. So i was wondering if it is even right of them to place that wording in there?

Defrock

It's not law, it's simply the school's policy. They can punish you academically for not following their rules, but you can only be charged with trespassing if you get caught with a gun on campus. IMHO, keep it hidden well and on you. If you truly end up needing it, academic punishment will be well worth retaining your life.