Thread: CCL Typo

CCL Typo

Hello, I just received my conceal carry permit in the mail. The date of birth is wrong. So I'm under the impression that because the license has an error it's not valid. Are my suspicions correct? I've already talked to OSBI to get it corrected. How long would you expect it to take to get a new one?

Banned
    What's the problem? Get it fixed. I'd just carry while the bureaucracy is working on it.

^^He probably meant open carry...but I do not think any LEO is going to quibble over a date of birth, in fact most of them have access to a dB that shows your permit on their in-car computer if you have a CHL/CHP and many of them don't even want to see it (which is the only requirement you have to abide by).

They want to know all about you, instead. Where you're going, where the gun is, if it's loaded, if you'll be tricked into believing requests are demands, if you'll do something snarky to allow an arrest (their only goal) or a ticket.

So just 'be nice' and carry however you like, and perhaps keep a copy of your request for correction in your pocket.

Be safe and be good.

You have a legitimate concern. How long will it take to get your corrected permit in hand? If you will not have it by Monday I'd think about an email to the person in charge asking them to confirm by return email that yoiu have notified them of the error and have requested a corrected permit. Print out the exchange and carry it with your incorrect permit as proof of being in the process of correcting the problem.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by Tacamo View Post
    Hello, I just received my conceal carry permit in the mail. The date of birth is wrong. So I'm under the impression that because the license has an error it's not valid. Are my suspicions correct? I've already talked to OSBI to get it corrected. How long would you expect it to take to get a new one?
    You said you talked to "OSBI" to get it corrected, why didn't you ask them? Also a state specific questions are best answered in that state thread.
    Welcome, and carry on.

Also to others reading this thread you need the conceal permit to OC in OK also, if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by golddigger14s; 09-28-2013 at 01:40 AM.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com