• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCL Typo

Tacamo

Hello, I just received my conceal carry permit in the mail. The date of birth is wrong. So I'm under the impression that because the license has an error it's not valid. Are my suspicions correct? I've already talked to OSBI to get it corrected. How long would you expect it to take to get a new one?

Maverick9

^^He probably meant open carry...but I do not think any LEO is going to quibble over a date of birth, in fact most of them have access to a dB that shows your permit on their in-car computer if you have a CHL/CHP and many of them don't even want to see it (which is the only requirement you have to abide by).

They want to know all about you, instead. Where you're going, where the gun is, if it's loaded, if you'll be tricked into believing requests are demands, if you'll do something snarky to allow an arrest (their only goal) or a ticket.

So just 'be nice' and carry however you like, and perhaps keep a copy of your request for correction in your pocket.

Be safe and be good.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
You have a legitimate concern. How long will it take to get your corrected permit in hand? If you will not have it by Monday I'd think about an email to the person in charge asking them to confirm by return email that yoiu have notified them of the error and have requested a corrected permit. Print out the exchange and carry it with your incorrect permit as proof of being in the process of correcting the problem.

stay safe.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Hello, I just received my conceal carry permit in the mail. The date of birth is wrong. So I'm under the impression that because the license has an error it's not valid. Are my suspicions correct? I've already talked to OSBI to get it corrected. How long would you expect it to take to get a new one?

You said you talked to "OSBI" to get it corrected, why didn't you ask them? Also a state specific questions are best answered in that state thread.
Welcome, and carry on.

Also to others reading this thread you need the conceal permit to OC in OK also, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited: