• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lunch and Shoot Nov. 16th Jacksonville NC

ron73440

I am trying to do this on a monthly basis, the next meet up will be on October 19th at Jeff's Burgers Dogs & Shakes 2550 Onslow Dr, Jacksonville NC at 1:00 pm, followed by shooting at Flatwoods Outfitters in Hubert.

If you can only stay for lunch and don't come to shoot, that's fine too.

The last two months it has been Matt, his family and my family, and Matt still hasn't come shooting, so we'll see what happens this month.

Last edited by a moderator:

ron73440

Hoping for more OC'ers

Would be nice to see other people show up, but regardless, I will enjoy my burger and shake and range time with my boys is always a good way to spend an afternoon.

For November if I move the meet to Morehead City, New Bern , or Kinston, would anyone be more likely to show?

Last edited:

ron73440

Postponed

Not sure if anyone was planning on coming, but I found out today I will have dental surgery on the 18th and will be bedridden for the weekend.

Will post when I have a new date.

Last edited:

ron73440

NOV 16th

Nov 16th I will do this again, planning on Jeff's (good burgers and OC friendly), followed by shooting at Flatwoods in Hubert.

Hope to see some OC'ers and have a good day of eating and shooting.

Last edited:

ron73440

Just wanted to bump this, my boys and I will be there, always a good way to spend a Saturday!

ron73440

No OC'ers where I live

Don't know why I keep trying, this thread is mostly me talking to myself.

Anyhoo, beautiful day, the whole family enjoyed our burgers and I splurged on shakes for the boys. No one showed, we left about 2:00, my wife wanted to do a few things before we went to the range, and we got there a little before 4, forgot about winter hours(range cold at 4), so we didn't get to shoot.

That sucked, but we will go shooting over the Thanksgiving weekend. On the bright side my wife is going to shoot my Granpap's old High Standard .22lr 9 shot revolver next time.