• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

soccer match ends early over concerns about unidentified man with a gun

Raggs

my reply on one of the articles

he pulled his team because of a holster he wasn't sure had a pistol in it? Was WMC losing the game and he thought what the heck, get home early for a change?

"It was not known if the fan returned with the gun, however, a holster was seen on his right side when he did return. His shirt was tucked inside his pants on the right side and the holster was clearly visible. Hulings said he saw the holster, wasn’t sure if the gun was still inside so he immediately pulled his team off the field."

Evil Creamsicle

someone replied to smellslikemichigan's post with a statement that open carriers are 'obnoxious' and have 'personal agendas'

Me said:
assuming everyone has an 'agenda' is ignorant. If open carry is the only legal way to carry in a situation, its still more responsible than not carrying at all in terms of personal safety, and *everyone* has an agenda of personal safety. If the only legal way to wear a seatbelt on the freeway was that it had to be covered in glued-on facsimile penises, would you still do it? If you did, since it was legally mandated, would it be fair to say that you had an obnoxious personal agenda because of it?

DocWalker

Ok we know why this happened....

"Pistol-carrying fan leads to forfeit of soccer game between Western Michigan Christian and Hudsonville Freedom Christian
"
In the article title it is as plane as day...only one school believes in "FREEDOM".

casper

1st amendment right ? Also I didn't know sheep played soccer. They should be proud of themselves for weakening this country.