• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A certain retired police officer threw down the gauntlet.

eye95

I mentioned in my usual humorous/hyperbolic way that I was going to try to get arrested this weekend at the gun show. That certain retired police officer, suggested that I stop the half-stepping and just do it at 3rd and Main (I assume he means in Dayton) and said that I would be arrested if I did.

[barney stinson voice]Challenge accepted![/barney stinson voice]

So I'd like to schedule an OC walk in Dayton. I'd like to see the kind of turnout we have experienced when carriers from all over the State joined the rallies in NE Ohio. Since the retiree will likely alert his buddies as to what is going on, we may actually encounter LEOs who think OC in Dayton is illegal. It would be helpful if one or both of our legal eagles would be in attendance (although we know that you guys are quite busy).

No date and time set yet, but I'd probably shoot for a Sunday.

I'd like to gauge participation, so post here if you are interested and talk up the possibility on other sites and for the facebook crowd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Werz

That would be a long haul for me. More importantly, the prospect is not very interesting.

If an active-duty peace officer had said that, he would speak as an agent of the department, and I might be interested. Retirees are notorious for blowin' smoke because they're no longer accountable for what they say.

eye95

When the going gets tough, the tough get going !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

Where's the guts?

Lets DO IT ......

I cannot and will not tell you what to do. I can only control myself. However, if you are there, I will not be. Since you are full of bluster and BS (and you live in CT), I am pretty damned sure that you will be in your mommy's basement in CT and nowhere near where the rubber meets the road.

eye95

That would be a long haul for me. More importantly, the prospect is not very interesting.

If an active-duty peace officer had said that, he would speak as an agent of the department, and I might be interested. Retirees are notorious for blowin' smoke because they're no longer accountable for what they say.

I am sorry to hear that. He was a thug cop who bragged about rousting OCers and dragging drivers through car windows when they did not get out fast enough. (I know his ex-partner, who is actually pretty cool, and he verifies the stories--and not in a complimentary way.) I was going to invite him to the party and let him see what actually happens when folks OC and was hoping that you could be there to school him (and any rogue officers who happen by).

I defer to your judgment as to whether it will be worth a cross-State trip.

Just to lay on a little guilt trip, I have made the opposite trip three times now, the last time to enjoy some pizza with you in Oberlin. ^_^

eye95

Reckon I'll be in. Fifty miles one way is better than two hundred! Won't need my hippie costume and signs this time will I? ;)

Signs are optional. However, in order for folks to be able to recognize you, the [strike]Granny Winters[/strike] hippie costume is a must.

JustJack

How does Sunday the 13th look to folks?

That would be a negatory for me. I have plans on the 12th that will deplete my 'fun/spare gas money' for that week. I would also be unavailable on the 20th due to being in Portsmouth on an errand. I would, AFAIK ATM, be available the 27th. May be a bit chilly by then, but that's what coats are for. Obviously, don't let my availability be the driving factor. If the 13th works for the rest, then I wish you all the best, enjoy, educate some people, and try not to get arrested.

Fallschirjmäger

This will probably happen, and when it happens and nothing happens what'll prolly happen is....
Ol' Brokeback cop will say, "It's that 'new generation' of cops, they aren't worth nuthin'. Back in my day we woulda drug 'em out behind the woodshed and gave 'em a wood shampoo. People are too soft these days. Cops in my generation woulda never gone for that :cuss:."

NEOOpenCarry

Just to lay on a little guilt trip, I have made the opposite trip three times now, the last time to enjoy some pizza with you in Oberlin. ^_^

Actually 4 now including today at the Gun Show ;-)

I would love to make it out if I can for sure. I know for sure the 20th is out due to our monthly meeting. I will check on the 12/13th weekend.

JustaShooter

As I mentioned at the gun show today, I sure wish this could be on a Saturday instead - my Sundays are all spoken for.

eye95

Actually 4 now including today at the Gun Show ;-)

I would love to make it out if I can for sure. I know for sure the 20th is out due to our monthly meeting. I will check on the 12/13th weekend.

I appreciate whatever support comes from the NE. You have a strong bunch up there--and that helps the entire State, even us indies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

JustaShooter

I gotta tell you that I will be biking over there from Church at the Kroc!

Nice. Unfortunately the 6 hour round trip won't allow me to leave the morning service at noon and be back to run the sound board for the evening service at 6...

3FULLMAGS+1

Dayton OC. Walk

Eye95......I'd be willing.....been to a few walks up around my area this year with NEO Carry. I could be avaliable ,at this point, just about any sat. OR sun.....live about 1/2 mi. E. of Wooster. Would prefer a sat. but hey, I'm flexable. I'm self-employed and I'm pretty busy right now, just need a good bit of a heads up tho. Might try to car pool witha few over my way. There may be poss. 3 others that are not on this forum that may be interrested in come'in along! Need to post this on BFA's website......too' Bad thing tho is mt computer is having some work done to it maybe this week and I may be out of the loop here, for awhile,but I'll try to keep up on this thread by other means. Three of us go to church on sun. so I'm think'in sat. would suit most of us here(out of the 4 of us).