Thread: boycott TV Ch.3?

Thumbs down boycott TV Ch.3?

It's a commentary but Tom Van Howe always seems to be focused on ticking off the majority of the public:

"Its gotten to the point that when I read those stories in the paper or hear them on TV, I zone out. Its the result, I think, of a helpless feeling that with all the power and wealth of the NRA and the fear they engender in our lawmakers, nothing is ever going to change, that were simply stuck with the brutality and violence the status-quo has to offer."

http://wwmt.com/news/features/featur...ore-2709.shtml
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

Thumbs up

OK this video is frustrating but then I started reading the responses to this yay-hoo, I now feel pretty good.
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

Tom Van Howe has been caught drunk driving and is a drunk (allegedly), is that safe ?
    Last edited by casper; 09-27-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Yeah, Tom should have given up when he left Channel 8. He spewed his certified Libtard garbage there too. He's a has been liberal Piers Morgan parrot wannabe!

Great to see that probably 99.9% of the comments were blasting him and his lack of accuracy. (Typical Libtard way to spew).

Hey, I quit watching Channel 3 when they had that Idiot Jim Varney (Jeff Varner), after he gave a blatent inaccurate story on a Hero rescuing a lady in a store parking lot. He said the guy attacked the lady, when he ran off her real attackers. When I emailed him and brought that to his attention, HE LASHED OUT AT ME! I quit watching them then, until they had the balls to fire the jerk when he said "he would never work with that ***** Kate Tillotson"

Guess it is time to stop watch Ch 3 and start writing the management again!

MI_XD

I'm sick of news stations giving people like him a segment to spout off what they think. CBS has/had some old guy who'd do it and honestly I could care less what they're talking about. I don't want to watch the evening news to hear someone give me their opinion on things. If Tom wants he can go on a show like Piers Morgan to talk about this. Other than that get him off the air.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    I'm sick of news stations giving people like him a segment to spout off what they think. CBS has/had some old guy who'd do it and honestly I could care less what they're talking about. I don't want to watch the evening news to hear someone give me their opinion on things. If Tom wants he can go on a show like Piers Morgan to talk about this. Other than that get him off the air.
    Piers probably wouldn't have him
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    Tom Van Howe has been caught drunk driving and is a drunk (allegedly), is that safe ?
    QFT

I thought that was a different newsreader (B.S.) at WOOD-TV. If true, I'm sure that he doesn't see that his blatant disregard for other's safety by driving drunk actually does endanger others. I can verify that Tom was drunk and assaulted a person at a bar though.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    Piers probably wouldn't have him
    Neither Tom's nor Piers' arrogance would likely allow that to happen.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.