• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olympus $16 digital recorder

conhntr

I much prefer to have something that can record and store the data where a wrongdoer cant get it. Any smartphone can be setup to store a voice recording "in the cloud" and even if whoever is giving you grief smashes the phone the data is retrievable. With these pocket recorders id be worried that if there is incriminating data on it the wrongdoer will simply sieze it and dispose of the evidence!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
For someone with nothing, good is good enough.

I have a phone that is way smarter than I will ever be. Much of that is because I have zero interest in learning how to do some of the tricks you mention.

stay safe.

TFred

Heads up on this one!

This model does not have any way to digitally transfer the audio file to a computer. It's "stuck" on the device. The only way to get it onto a computer is to use a line to line cable from the recorder's output to a computer sound card input. Not your best system.

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This model does not have any way to digitally transfer the audio file to a computer. It's "stuck" on the device. The only way to get it onto a computer is to use a line to line cable from the recorder's output to a computer sound card input. Not your best system.

TFred

Still, on a tight budget, it's better than nothing. I gave one of those to one of our members a while back.