• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Five Guys Burgers

eye95

Today was the first chance since moving to Ohio I had to eat at Five Guys. I practically wrecked the car passing one on the way back from the gun show, trying to make the turn into the place. Good to see its not posted. No one noticed I was carrying (or didn't react) not even when I passed a $2A bill and talked up the 2A to the cashier.

BTW, good times at the gun show. The antis packed up and left way before we did. They couldn't generate one ounce of interest in what they were doing.

One deputy tried to start some trouble with me. It didn't work. No matter what he tried to get me to say, I just kept saying that I was going to meet up with some friends. At one point he told me to just answer the damned question. I did. I told him that I was just going to meet some friends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

JustaShooter

One deputy tried to start some trouble with me. It didn't work. No matter what he tried to get me to say, I just kept saying that I was going to meet up with some friends. At one point he told me to just answer the damned question. I did. I told him that I was just going to meet some friends.

Yeah, I thought you handled that well - I could tell he was really getting annoyed that we wouldn't rise to his bait. I also loved it when we walked past the antis and they said you were threatening them when you turned around and walked backward as we were passing them, strong-side facing them! :lol:

Good day for sure - sorry my wife and I couldn't join you for lunch. Probably should have, Wooster's Oktoberfest was nothing to write home about, it could have waited. We ended up leaving there and heading over to Sugarcreek for their Swiss Festival and had a good time there.

NEOOpenCarry

Wish I could have joined you for a burger today, but my daughters were both pooped lol. They needed a nap after all the flag waving haha! I do have some great video and will post it as soon as I edit it down. Thanks for coming out today and please let me know when the Dayton event will be and any info on it.

eye95

No probs, the burgers were good and the carry was, as it should be, uneventful.

Went to the Dayton Art Institute Oktoberfest. Made it there just in time to catch Good English (the reason I wanted to be there). I didn't know when they were playing, but lucked out. Three sisters playing some serious three-piece rock. A little raw, but in a few years, you all may be hearing from them!

<o>

MyWifeSaidYes

I hope to hear audio and see video soon!

What question(s) did the deputy have for you?

In fact, why was he talking to you at all?

:)

eye95

When someone mentioned that the anits were at the entrance right of the highway, we started to head that way. The deputy heard that and thought we were up to something, so he started interrogating us.

I was gonna have none of that. I was doing nothing wrong, so what I was "up to" was none of his damned business. Wannabe thug.

<o>

Maverick9

Yeah, I thought you handled that well - I could tell he was really getting annoyed that we wouldn't rise to his bait. I also loved it when we walked past the antis and they said you were threatening them when you turned around and walked backward as we were passing them, strong-side facing them! :lol:

I'm picturing a guy moonwalking backwards. Hilarious.

samkent

OK you were there but I wasn't. So I'm missing a big chunck of the police encounter.

Exactly what were the officers questions and what were your answers?
Did he try to get your ID so he can run a check? Or just ask you where your were going?
This a learning opertunity for some of us.

Did you respond to the anti's claims of threats or ignore them and keep walking?

eye95

He just kept asking us what we were going to do and whether and how we planned on interacting with the antis. I just kept repeating that I was going to meet with some friends. Finally, I just walked away.

I may have chuckled when I was accused of making a threat. It just reinforced what we already know of their wacky and emotional reaction to guns. The mere presence of one is somehow a threat.

<o>

samkent

That's a strange question for him to ask.
I half expected him to ask for ID "just because".

eye95

He overheard us learning where the anti rally was, and our intent to join our fellow carriers nearby. I suspect he assumed that we were planning on causing some trouble. That merits keeping an eye on the situation, and I can forgive one friendly question. But, once I said that I was meeting with friends, continued questioning was harassment, and I wasn't going to just accept it.

<o>

samkent

Couldn't you just walk away after your first answer?
Was he 'sort of' detaining you for more questions?

As I get older I have less patience for BS.
Just ask your question. If it's a quick answer I might give you an answer.
If it's a really personal question like FULL NAME I start clamming up. Is your business to know?

If I'm feeling spry that day I might be inclined to say. "If you want feel free to follow me." Then I'de get in line at Burger King and eat a meal.

If someone shouted 'You are threating me.' I'de ignor them. They are the ones drawing attention to themselves. And you just can't fix stupid. No amount of talking to them would ease their minds. They won't change until they are robbed and beaten on the street.

JustaShooter

Couldn't you just walk away after your first answer?

Probably, and one of our group did just that and headed on down the road - of course, I don't think his hearing was too good, he might not have even heard the question lol. I think Eye95 was pretty much at the point of turning and leaving when Officer Friendly whipped out the expletive - I know I was, but I figured it better for us to stay together, safety in numbers and all that. Since the Officer took off down the road at that point it solved the situation nicely.

If someone shouted 'You are threating me.' I'de ignor them. They are the ones drawing attention to themselves. And you just can't fix stupid. No amount of talking to them would ease their minds. They won't change until they are robbed and beaten on the street.

Which is exactly how we handled it - Eye95 just ignored them, as did my wife and I. As usual, they were the ones instigating, not us.

Last edited:

samkent

Life goes better with Coke.... I mean pictures.
Video is 'more gooder' or 'gooder'er'.
Just don't give us that cell phone turned on it's side video.

JustaShooter

Still, no video ... me thinks he is actually blowing smoke ...

You are welcome to believe what you will. Eye95, my wife, and I were all there and it happened as described. I do not carry a video recorder, I do not know if Eye95 does or not.

eye95

You are welcome to believe what you will. Eye95, my wife, and I were all there and it happened as described. I do not carry a video recorder, I do not know if Eye95 does or not.

He is being his usual trollish self. No need to concern ourselves one whit with what he believes or not.