• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in St. Lous and surrounding areas

Grizzly25

Hi, i am new to oc ( about 3 weeks now), I live in Lincoln county and have been carrying open everywhere locally with no problems. I work all over St. Louis and St. Charles county and city. Can anyone tell me what municipalities to stay away from or flat out do not allow open carry? Thanks.:banana:

kcgunfan

St Louis proper is out. It's a mixed bag in St. Louis County and West County. The problem is that you can literally be fine on one side of the street, and break the law on the other. And, the boundaries are usually not marked. To me, it's just not worth the trouble. Maybe some of the locals can come and tell you more specifically, but keep in mind I'd guess there are 40 or so political subdivisions in that area, and the ordinances are constantly changing.

mspgunner

Hi, i am new to oc ( about 3 weeks now), I live in Lincoln county and have been carrying open everywhere locally with no problems. I work all over St. Louis and St. Charles county and city. Can anyone tell me what municipalities to stay away from or flat out do not allow open carry? Thanks.:banana:

It is a complex mess! In St. Charles Co. with a CCW you are good evetry where except Forristell by my last count. Without a CCW you are taking a gamble unless you check each muni-law wach and every time. St. Louis County - again in the unincorportaed cointy you are good. But like was said above if you set one foot in municipality that prohibts you could have a problem Many municiplatiies in STL Co. allow OC with a CCW but I don't keep track which require it and which don't. I can tell you a short list of munis in STL Co. that prohibit OC:
Maryland heights
Olivette
Rock Hill
Maplewood
Chesterfield (for all practical purposes)
Wildwood (for all practical purposes)
Ellisville
There more that don't just pop into my head. Best advice, don't OC in STL Co., if you are unsure.
There are people who do OC in Creve Coeur - where we have a MODOT trash pick up, as well as Ladue, Ballwin and Manchester.. But it is not real common and you best be well versed in how to handle a Police encounter, there is a good chance you'll have one if you OC for any length of time.