Thread: Virginia: Master Identity Database

Virginia: Master Identity Database

So, do we finally have a reason to justify our paranoia, or is this just a tool for more efficient government?

TFred

Virginia starting to develop a master identity database

Using Department of Motor Vehicles records as its core, the state government is quietly developing a master identity database of Virginia residents for use by state agencies.

The state enterprise record - the master electronic ID database - would help agencies ferret out fraud and help residents do business electronically with the state more easily, officials said.

[...]

After 30 years

Of fingerprint cards, background checks, security clearances, polygraph tests, Crypto inventories, licenses and registrations for vehicles and trade requirements, I doubt there is much about me the "gubermant" doesn't already know EXCEPT how many guns I own.

Donít look for me to tell them either cause that just AINíT GONNA HAPPEN !!!!!!!

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    The databases they have are fragmented TFred. My guess is this is just a way of getting all the information that's gathered on people, in a more organized manner.

This may start off innocently enough but it'll grow and be abused. They always are!

Virginia voted down REAL ID. This is just a backdoor version just like CHP's are a backdoor to gun(owner) registration.
    You knew I was going to get that in.

Well, yes we did.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    The databases they have are fragmented TFred. My guess is this is just a way of getting all the information that's gathered on people, in a more organized manner.

This may start off innocently enough but it'll grow and be abused. They always are!

Virginia voted down REAL ID. This is just a backdoor version just like CHP's are a backdoor to gun(owner) registration.
    You knew I was going to get that in.
    It just wouldn't be you without it.