• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia: Master Identity Database

TFred

So, do we finally have a reason to justify our paranoia, or is this just a tool for more efficient government?

TFred

Virginia starting to develop a master identity database

Using Department of Motor Vehicles records as its core, the state government is quietly developing a master identity database of Virginia residents for use by state agencies.

The state enterprise record - the master electronic ID database - would help agencies ferret out fraud and help residents do business electronically with the state more easily, officials said.

[...]​

va_tazdad

After 30 years

Of fingerprint cards, background checks, security clearances, polygraph tests, Crypto inventories, licenses and registrations for vehicles and trade requirements, I doubt there is much about me the "gubermant" doesn't already know EXCEPT how many guns I own.

Don’t look for me to tell them either cause that just AIN’T GONNA HAPPEN !!!!!!!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The databases they have are fragmented TFred. My guess is this is just a way of getting all the information that's gathered on people, in a more organized manner.

This may start off innocently enough but it'll grow and be abused. They always are!

Virginia voted down REAL ID. This is just a backdoor version just like CHP's are a backdoor to gun(owner) registration.
You knew I was going to get that in.:lol::lol::lol:

va_tazdad

Well, yes we did.

The databases they have are fragmented TFred. My guess is this is just a way of getting all the information that's gathered on people, in a more organized manner.

This may start off innocently enough but it'll grow and be abused. They always are!

Virginia voted down REAL ID. This is just a backdoor version just like CHP's are a backdoor to gun(owner) registration.
You knew I was going to get that in.:lol::lol::lol:

It just wouldn't be you without it.