Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42

Thread: USMC whistleblower relieved of command, personal gun seized, mental & criminal eval.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154

    USMC whistleblower relieved of command, personal gun seized, mental & criminal eval.

    The Marine Corps officer who filed a complaint against the commandant for intervening in the Taliban urination cases against eight Marines is now the target of reprisals from superiors, his attorney says. Retired Marine Col. Jane Siegel, who is representing Maj. James Weirick, said superiors have subjected the major to retaliations since it became known that he filed a whistleblower complaint against Gen. James Amos, the commandant and Joint Chiefs of Staff member. Marine higher-ups responded Tuesday with a series of retaliations against Maj. Weirick, Col. Siegel said.

    Marines escorted Maj. Weirick out of his office and seized his government computer.

    He was transferred to a nonlegal job as a training officer.

    His new commander suggested that he get a mental health evaluation and report for an interview with a Naval Criminal Investigative Service agent, to whom he refused to talk.

    The major was ordered not to communicate with officials, including Gen. Amos, and was denied leave.

    He was told to turn over his licensed personal firearms kept at home, which he did.

    The Corps also is doing a risk assessment to determine whether Maj. Weirick is a danger to himself or the base.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...eance-from-su/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  2. #2
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968

    Unhappy

    Something tells me we might see this Major having an accident or conveniently committing suicide; anybody want to place bets on this? The government doesn't like it when you have morals and integrity if you are pointing out their mistakes.

  3. #3
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Put him on point in the Hindu Kush.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    Something tells me we might see this Major having an accident or conveniently committing suicide; anybody want to place bets on this? The government doesn't like it when you have morals and integrity if you are pointing out their mistakes.
    I'll bet you $20 that there is no suicide.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Eeyore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    on the move
    Posts
    558
    I spent 20 years in the military, and I saw more stuff like this in the last 3 than in the first 17 combined. Just like other government and commercial entities, the military is increasingly being run by people of ambition, rather than people of competence or honor. The personality type that succeeds in politics, business, and government today is antithetical to honor.

    I'm not saying there aren't good, honest leaders in the military, but tragically it only takes a few bad apples in positions of power to negate the efforts of dozens of honest people. This seems to be the natural order of things, the inevitable destabilization of a society. The best summation I ever heard was in The Usual Suspects: "They realized that to be in power, you didn't need guns or money or even numbers. You just needed the will to do what the other guy wouldn't." Thus people with scruples will always, eventually, give way to those without them. And then you get, well, the U.S. Congress. And you get what we're seeing here--situational ethics, the arrogance to believe that they and their situation are "special" or "unique" so the normal rules don't apply. Integrity and accountability are preached incessantly, but such things end careers and must only be enforced on Underlings. They believe that perception is more importance than substance, and that if they can control the flow of information, the message, then they will retain power. And sadly, they're usually right.

    The current military promotion system is especially vulnerable to this. The establishment rewards "zero defects", not integrity, good judgment, or human decency. Those who are especially good at self-promotion, i.e. the appearance of an unbroken chain of successes via the right "spin" on their performance reports, are identified as "bright & shinies." They are put on a fast track that becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Those who can't, or who rock the boat, are shoved aside.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

  6. #6
    Regular Member F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The High Plains of Wyoming
    Posts
    1,030
    The Marine Corps officer who filed a complaint against the commandant for intervening in the Taliban urination cases against eight Marines is now the target of reprisals from superiors, his attorney says. Retired Marine Col. Jane Siegel, who is representing Maj. James Weirick, said superiors have subjected the major to retaliations since it became known that he filed a whistleblower complaint against Gen. James Amos, the commandant and Joint Chiefs of Staff member. Marine higher-ups responded Tuesday with a series of retaliations against Maj. Weirick, Col. Siegel said.

    Marines escorted Maj. Weirick out of his office and seized his government computer.

    • He was transferred to a nonlegal job as a training officer.

    • His new commander suggested that he get a mental health evaluation and report for an interview with a Naval Criminal Investigative Service agent, to whom he refused to talk.

    • The major was ordered not to communicate with officials, including Gen. Amos, and was denied leave.

    • He was told to turn over his licensed personal firearms kept at home, which he did.

    • The Corps also is doing a risk assessment to determine whether Maj. Weirick is a danger to himself or the base.

    So why wasn't any of this done with the Ft Hood Taliban!!!

    Oh yea he was a moooslum and protected class.
    Last edited by F350; 10-01-2013 at 10:40 AM.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    The military is a total socialist system ... looks like they don't like someone who rocks the socialist boat.

    Go figure ...

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Oh yea he was a moooslum and protected class.
    Are you saying that the whistleblower was a Muslim? Are you implying that that somehow affected his treatment? Or that it directed his actions?

    Are you simply making a joke? I don't get your post. What is your point?

  9. #9
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    It seems the F350 is referring to the final statement of the post he quoted [So why wasn't any of this done with the Ft Hood Taliban!!!]. I could be wrong though.

  10. #10
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Are you saying that the whistleblower was a Muslim? Are you implying that that somehow affected his treatment? Or that it directed his actions?

    Are you simply making a joke? I don't get your post. What is your point?
    He was referring to the Major that shot up Fort Hood.....you know "work place violence" and we all know work place violence starts with "ala akbar".

  11. #11
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The military is a total socialist system ... looks like they don't like someone who rocks the socialist boat.

    Go figure ...
    I spent almost 23 years in the military and I remember my Training Instructor telling us "We defend democracy we don't practice it in the military".

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    .........I remember my Training Instructor telling us "We defend democracy we don't practice it in the military".
    I not only remember it being said to me as a junior enlisted, I remember saying it as a senior.

    The one I remember best was my Senior Chief in dive school telling me over and over that "Profanity was a demonstration of a poor vocabulary".
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    He was referring to the Major that shot up Fort Hood.....you know "work place violence" and we all know work place violence starts with "ala akbar".
    His statement makes no sense then. The Muslim terrorist who shot up Fort Hood was still tried, convicted, and sentenced to death for an actual act, not a perceived one. I see no comparison, just an opportunity to misspell Muslim in a bigoted way.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    ... "Profanity was a demonstration of a poor vocabulary".
    I remember BMCS Bentley prefacing that precise statement with fifteen seconds of utterly obscene profanity in perfect rhyme and scansion.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  15. #15
    Regular Member F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The High Plains of Wyoming
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Are you saying that the whistleblower was a Muslim? Are you implying that that somehow affected his treatment? Or that it directed his actions?

    Are you simply making a joke? I don't get your post. What is your point?

    Sorry was in a hurry and had the first half of my statement in the quote.....should be

    So why wasn't any of this done with the Ft Hood Taliban!!!

    Oh yea he was a moooslum and protected class.


    As in the traitor Nidal Malik Hasan gave plenty of warning signs he was a danger yet nothing was done due to POLITICAL CORRECTNESS due to his Moooslum beliefs.

  16. #16
    Regular Member F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The High Plains of Wyoming
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    His statement makes no sense then. The Muslim terrorist who shot up Fort Hood was still tried, convicted, and sentenced to death for an actual act, not a perceived one. I see no comparison, just an opportunity to misspell Muslim in a bigoted way.
    Are you deliberately dense?!?!?!? Before the shooting there was ample evidence of his danger, yet NOTHING was done to head it off!!!

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    His statement makes no sense then. The Muslim terrorist who shot up Fort Hood was still tried, convicted, and sentenced to death for an actual act, not a perceived one. I see no comparison, just an opportunity to misspell Muslim in a bigoted way.
    Words of bigotry and hate only serve to spew vitriol not sense.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernymac View Post
    Words of bigotry and hate only serve to spew vitriol not sense.
    Yep. I expect emotionalism from the antis, not the folks here. Here I expect rationality. Don't always get it, just expect it.

  19. #19
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Yep. I expect emotionalism from the antis, not the folks here. Here I expect rationality. Don't always get it, just expect it.
    I like do feel I'm rational but might be a bit passionate when it comes to being shot at while on a military base in the US. Having lived through the 1994 shooting at Fairchild AFB I take things like the Fort Hood shooting personal. I agree that the shooter at Ft. Hood was allowed to continue his Army career even though warning signs were ignored all in the name of Political Correctness.

    Brothers and Sisters in arms died due to the stupidity of not wanting to offend someone or a culture and that is wrong. But to add insult the government labels it as a work place violence problem and not terrorism again so they can be PC and not offend a certain religion. A double hit to the people trying to defend the US, getting screwed by the system and our government twice.

    Say what you want but the religion of peace isn't very peaceful. I have seen it first-hand both in Iraq and Afghanistan.

    We expect justice also but rarely get it. Don't say he got the death penalty as he will probably out live us, he won't get the death sentence for the next 20-30 years.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    I like do feel I'm rational but might be a bit passionate when it comes to being shot at while on a military base in the US. Having lived through the 1994 shooting at Fairchild AFB I take things like the Fort Hood shooting personal. I agree that the shooter at Ft. Hood was allowed to continue his Army career even though warning signs were ignored all in the name of Political Correctness.

    Brothers and Sisters in arms died due to the stupidity of not wanting to offend someone or a culture and that is wrong. But to add insult the government labels it as a work place violence problem and not terrorism again so they can be PC and not offend a certain religion. A double hit to the people trying to defend the US, getting screwed by the system and our government twice.

    Say what you want but the religion of peace isn't very peaceful. I have seen it first-hand both in Iraq and Afghanistan.

    We expect justice also but rarely get it. Don't say he got the death penalty as he will probably out live us, he won't get the death sentence for the next 20-30 years.
    I am not defending that religion. I won't defend it. I will point out emotional bigotry as opposed to rational arguments. Emotional bigotry in place of a rational argument often hurts that rational argument being made by others, allowing the emotional bigots and the rational to be painted with the same brush.

    The word is Muslim, not Mooooslim.

    BTW, the comment about emotionalism was directed at another. Should it have been directed at you? I didn't think so. However, if you defend the emotional bigot's words, I must begin to wonder.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  21. #21
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post

    The word is Muslim, not Mooooslim
    Ok not my statement.

    The words Bigot and Racist have been so watered down the last 4-5 years they are almost meaningless. Everyone calls everyone these terms if you disagree with them or have a different view about a situation.

    I wonder why????

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    Ok not my statement. The words Bigot and Racist have been so watered down the last 4-5 years they are almost meaningless. Everyone calls everyone these terms if you disagree with them or have a different view about a situation. I wonder why????
    Racism, prejudice and bigotry are postgraduate certificates of accomplishment from the school of hard knocks. Both prejudice and bigotry are personal value/viewpoint predicates, and racism, as you say, has been rendered anile and meaningless.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    Ok not my statement.

    The words Bigot and Racist have been so watered down the last 4-5 years they are almost meaningless. Everyone calls everyone these terms if you disagree with them or have a different view about a situation.

    I wonder why????
    You will find me rarely using the terms. I am, however, using them on a post that spells Muslim as Moooslim.

    You seem to be taking offense as though any of my comments were directed at you. They were directed at the post that misspelled Muslim in a derogatory way. Why do you insist on putting on the shoe to see if it fits?

  24. #24
    Regular Member Logan 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    690
    Ok, "bigot" has some grounds hre, with the comments made that are defamatory of another. But "racist"?
    Explain to me how being anti-Muslum is racial.

    Are we talking about Muslim in the realm of genetics, language development, socio-economics, politics or religion?
    Which is racial? IIRC isn't a fair number of the Muslims more Anglo/Caucasian genetically than even Western Europe?
    So how do you get the racial part?
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

    Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

    I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    I spent almost 23 years in the military and I remember my Training Instructor telling us "We defend democracy we don't practice it in the military".
    i figured it out in about 2 hrs into my service ...


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •