Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mob of bikers surround SUV and get run over in NYC

Mob of bikers surround SUV and get run over in NYC

Mob of bikers surround SUV and get run over in NYC.(6:26)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=319_1380522846

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2438620/Shocking-video-Range-Rover-crashing-bikers-surround-vehicle-annual-street-ride.html

Spot the fail. This is a good situation awareness exercise, and a good point for both sides. There's a possible arrest action, there's a self-defense angle, and then there's just a lot of messed up in this.

Brought to you by people who don't want to control their emotions.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

According to police, the bikers started to damage the vehicle after the driver accidentally hit a motorcyclist.

Fearing for the safety of his wife and young child, aged under five, the SUV driver then sped off, hitting several bikers in its path.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2gP8IyMh3
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"accidentally hit"

Translation:
    Road rage driver hates squid bikers riding like squids. Hits one after some sort of altercation. Flees scene. Gets caught. Runs over three bikers. Flees. Gets caught. Runs over another biker. Flees. Gets caught again. Gets @ss handed to him in front of wife and kid for being a dumbass and criminal. No criminal charges yet despite multiple helmet cams, one showing the hit and runs.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    "accidentally hit"

Translation:
    Road rage driver hates squid bikers riding like squids. Hits one after some sort of altercation. Flees scene. Gets caught. Runs over three bikers. Flees. Gets caught. Runs over another biker. Flees. Gets caught again. Gets @ss handed to him in front of wife and kid for being a dumbass and criminal. No criminal charges yet despite multiple helmet cams, one showing the hit and runs.
    Or, try this: Idiot biker cuts off & brakes hard in front of man out for a drive with family who then bumps bike, and all hell breaks loose. Or did you miss this part of the story:
    The footage shows one motorcyclist brake hard in front the the car and seems to get bumped by it.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaShooter View Post
    Or, try this: Idiot biker cuts off & brakes hard in front of man out for a drive with family who then bumps bike, and all hell breaks loose. Or did you miss this part of the story:
    And story it is.

A poorly written piece of cr@p designed to illicit clicks by only offering a very one sided and ridiculous tale. I'll deal in reality, thanks. 4 tons of plastic and steal used as a weapon against flesh and bone. Multiple times and caught on tape for the world to see.

Clickbait

1. click bait

An eyecatching link on a website which encourages people to read on. It is often paid for by the advertiser ("Paid" click bait) or generates income based on the number of clicks.
    Example - "This is not news, really. It’s click bait, the stuff pageviews are made of."
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 09-30-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

When I was younger I used to participate in the group rides like the one seen on this video. I stopped going because basically they were just an out of control mob who used their numbers to get away with crimes.

Notice most of the motorcycles don't even have license plates.

From what I saw in the video the motorcyclists committed numerous crimes against the Range Rover driver.

I can assure you that the motorcyclists in the video are simply thug criminals.

I'll deal in reality, thanks. 4 tons of plastic and steal used as a weapon against flesh and bone. Multiple times and caught on tape for the world to see.
    So you've seen the whole video and know this to be a closer representation of "reality" than what I posted from the article? Please, provide a link so the rest of us can review the footage of the entire incident - or do you have a bias that is coloring your version of "reality"?
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

I'll deal in reality, thanks. 4 tons of plastic and steal used as a weapon against flesh and bone. Multiple times and caught on tape for the world to see.
    What I see is a family being denied the right of passage on a public street and then being attacked by an angry mob. Using the vehicle to escape the scene, considering the family was under physical attack, seems like a prudent decision. What else should the driver do? Stay put, submit to having the windows bashed in and possibly being beaten to death? Later we see one motorcyclist bash the driver's windows with his helmet.

From the video it looks like the motorcycle came to a standstill on the street and the driver touched/him. Is stopping in the middle of the street reckless driving? Isn't it disturbing the peace, at the least?

Whoever took the first aggressive action is probably mostly at fault.

What we don't see is what happened before the video started, but unless the SUV driver did something tangible, the motorcyclists look clearly in the wrong.

Now, that is some road rage. Reminds me of why whenever I visit NYC, I usually can't wait to get out.

So you've seen the whole video and know this to be a closer representation of "reality" than what I posted from the article? Please, provide a link so the rest of us can review the footage of the entire incident - or do you have a bias that is coloring your version of "reality"?
    First of all your "article" is not an article at all. Yet you conveniently ignore that fact. It only represents one side of a still obscure incident with inflammatory language designed to illicit the exact response you are currently displaying. Congrats. There is no motorcyclist interviewed in case you missed it.

You (and all the rest) want to offer biased opinion after embracing a lefty clickbait piece go right ahead. You Sir, bought into lefty NY clickbait hook, line and sinker.

Congrats again.

Here's the video you request. They are sequentially numbered on the uploader's page. Witness with your own eyes THUGS riding around on streets. The Horror. (in no way am I condoning riding like a squid)

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZQYB...pkLNGbMk-fLMdw
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    From what I saw in the video the motorcyclists committed numerous crimes against the Range Rover driver.
    Care to name one with the time it occurs in the vid? Thanks in advance.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Here's the video you request. They are sequentially numbered on the uploader's page. Witness with your own eyes THUGS riding around on streets. The Horror. (in no way am I condoning riding like a squid)

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZQYB...pkLNGbMk-fLMdw

Which # video shows the start of the road rage sequence? There are 100+ videos are that channel, many completely unrelated (dirt biking for example). I skimmed through half a dozen and couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by jhfc View Post
    Which # video shows the start of the road rage sequence? There are 100+ videos are that channel, many completely unrelated (dirt biking for example). I skimmed through half a dozen and couldn't find it.
    How should I know? Our esteemed member requested the previous video, I complied. I'm not condoning squids being squids. I also will not condone running over squids because the interwebs does not like them.

I will continue to mock all those who fall for lefty liberal clickbait posted by a New York rag and then championed by Al Gore's interwebs and the "Sheep" dogs here.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

What I see is a family being denied the right of passage on a public street and then being attacked by an angry mob.
    Nope. The SUV driver had already hit a biker and fled the scene. The video starts with him running over three bikers who stopped him for the first hit and run. Then he runs over another after being caught again. Then he gets his ass handed to him.

Can't hit motorcyclists, even squids, and try to run away. It ain't cricket and kind of against the law. And then you can't turn your SUV into a weapon. Pretty sure that's against the law too.

...Idiot biker cuts off & brakes hard in front of man out for a drive with family who then bumps bike...
    Source? The SUV driver who ran over 5 people while fleeing his accidents?

Original source posted on Drudge this morning. Liberal trash clickbait embraced by the Sheep. Dogs. Enjoy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1471585
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 09-30-2013 at 04:24 PM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Saw this on Yellow bullet.

Without seeing if the Range Rover driver initiated this incident we can only speculate. However the dumb ass on the bike that brake checked the SUV and got bumped is just plane DUMB! 500-600# bike vs 5000# SUV equals SUV wins!

Extreme Road Rage with many idiots...

Bikers were a hundred percent in the wrong here

EDIT: lol @ HandyHamlet. You must ride a bike.
    Last edited by CDT COX; 09-30-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CDT COX View Post
    Bikers were a hundred percent in the wrong here

EDIT: lol @ HandyHamlet. You must ride a bike.
    Yes, I must ride a bike to know that running people over is bad. Been around long enough to know that even squids just don't "brake check" an SUV with no stopping power. And not even squids take on an SUV in the middle of a street for no reason. As we see the SUV wins every time.... Until. Traffic.

So please spare us the whole "squid brakecheck" thing.

And the Sheep. Dogs. Continue to be sheep. Thank you God of Irony. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    When I was younger I used to participate in the group rides like the one seen on this video. I stopped going because basically they were just an out of control mob who used their numbers to get away with crimes.
    I remember a time when my spuds tasted like fear. Now I know why.

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 09-30-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

How should I know? Our esteemed member requested the previous video, I complied. I'm not condoning squids being squids. I also will not condone running over squids because the interwebs does not like them.

I will continue to mock all those who fall for lefty liberal clickbait posted by a New York rag and then championed by Al Gore's interwebs and the "Sheep" dogs here.
    Can you converse without being insulting?

Also, the veracity of material/argument is not dependent on its source. That's a species of the genetic rhetorical fallacy. We have the video to see; the source is irrelevant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_fallacy

Nope. The SUV driver had already hit a biker and fled the scene. The video starts with him running over three bikers who stopped him for the first hit and run. Then he runs over another after being caught again. Then he gets his ass handed to him.

Can't hit motorcyclists, even squids, and try to run away. It ain't cricket and kind of against the law. And then you can't turn your SUV into a weapon. Pretty sure that's against the law too.

Source? The SUV driver who ran over 5 people while fleeing his accidents?

Original source posted on Drudge this morning. Liberal trash clickbait embraced by the Sheep. Dogs. Enjoy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1471585
    The source you provide gives no indication that there was an accident prior to the cyclist purposefully cutting off the suv. If there was an altercation prior, it still gives no authority for the cyclists to a top the suv. They should've gotten a license num and driver description and called the police.

Regardless, the cyclists showed that the suv driver was correct in fearing for his and his familys safety. The suv driver was definitly within his right to make an escape. Of course things like this don't happen often in my state because us suv drivers are armed and the crminals know it.

Can you converse without being insulting?

Also, the veracity of material/argument is not dependent on its source. That's a species of the genetic rhetorical fallacy. We have the video to see; the source is irrelevant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_fallacy
    Insulting? I'm merely pointing out the obvious. It ain't my fault you choose to embrace a ridiculous lefty cr@pfest.

And the source is relevant when it is written to not offer facts and both sides but to illicit emotional response and clicks. Most certainly does because it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    The source you provide gives no indication that there was an accident prior to the cyclist purposefully cutting off the suv. If there was an altercation prior, it still gives no authority for the cyclists to a top the suv. They should've gotten a license num and driver description and called the police.
    Congrats. You win a cookie. The source does reveal itself to be the lefty clickbait I warned you about though. Which was the point. Thanks for proving me right Big Bad Sheep. Dog.

And citizen arrest for hit and run.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 09-30-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Insulting? I'm merely pointing out the obvious. It ain't my fault you choose to embrace a ridiculous lefty cr@pfest.

And the source is relevant when it is written to not offer facts and both sides but to illicit emotional response and clicks. Most certainly does because it worked.

Congrats. You win a cookie. The source does reveal itself to be the lefty clickbait I warned you about though. Which was the point. Thanks for proving me right Big Bad Sheep. Dog.

And citizen arrest for hit and run.
    That may or may not be the case with NY state law.

Why are you calling me names?

Calling people names is insulting and unnecessary. I'm not embracing anything. Are leftists anti-motorcycle? Anti-SUV? Both ain't "green". A proper lefty would hate them both and force us all to drive around in Priuses. That's a hell I cannot abide.

A source is not relevant to the argument itself. Some use the genetic fallacy on purpose to deflect and avoid addressing an argument on its content; most use it out of ignorance and/or emotionalism. I suspect in your case it is the latter.

And read what exactly? I just watched a video and didn't see or read anything else. What bearing does the source of the media have on the content of the media itself? Answer: none.

Im wondering if he's suggesting that the video is staged?

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post

Regardless, the cyclists showed that the suv driver was correct in fearing for his and his familys safety. The suv driver was definitly within his right to make an escape. Of course things like this don't happen often in my state because us suv drivers are armed and the crminals know it.
    this is exactly correct.

I don't see any videos where the range rover hit a motorcyclist and then fled. however, IF that did occur then the proper and lawful way to deal with that is to call police.

the motorcyclists should NOT have boxed the car in no matter what !!!

the motorcyclists gave the driver ever reason to fear for his life and his families life.

I have spent more time on a motorcycle and bicycle then 99.9% of the population and I have had my share of run ins with cars so I definetly sympathize with the aggression, hatred and assaults regularly by cars against two wheelers.

however, everything I have seen so far in the videos posted show the motorcyclists were wrong and the range rover driver acted reasonably.

personally, I probably would have backed over the motorcyclists.

The phrase "None of us is as stupid as all of us" pops into mind here. Whoever started it, the bikers hit mob mentality the moment they got together. Generally that doesn't mean a whole lot, but when the mob sees a perceived attack (real or not) they immediately lower their IQ by less than half. That's true of bikers, fraternities, girls scouts, octogenarians, you name it. They all got stupid in nothing flat. The SUV driver probably had a part to play in the whole thing as well. Fear has a tendency to make you do things you would not normally do.
    Last edited by mobiushky; 10-01-2013 at 11:48 AM.

...It only represents one side of a still obscure incident with inflammatory language designed to illicit the exact response you are currently displaying...
    The word you're looking for is "elicit".

A source is not relevant to the argument itself.
    Not your's maybe. I am engaged in more than one debate at the moment.

And after watching the video several more times there WAS NO BRAKE CHECK. He rolled off the throttle, bike slowed as he looked back and was hit from behind. No brake light. Absolutely no way to tell what happens after the SUV hits the guy. Till several get run over as the driver attempts to flee. There is absolutely no evidence of an attack. A bunch of bikers stop, start to stand around after they are witness to one of theirs just getting hit. That's what happens. Stop and assess the damage. Figure out what the heck just happened. There is no surrounding. The only violence the video shows is the initial hit and then people getting run over.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 09-30-2013 at 06:09 PM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast