• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mob of bikers surround SUV and get run over in NYC

onus

The source you provide gives no indication that there was an accident prior to the cyclist purposefully cutting off the suv. If there was an altercation prior, it still gives no authority for the cyclists to a top the suv. They should've gotten a license num and driver description and called the police.

Regardless, the cyclists showed that the suv driver was correct in fearing for his and his familys safety. The suv driver was definitly within his right to make an escape. Of course things like this don't happen often in my state because us suv drivers are armed and the crminals know it.

this is exactly correct.

I don't see any videos where the range rover hit a motorcyclist and then fled. however, IF that did occur then the proper and lawful way to deal with that is to call police.

the motorcyclists should NOT have boxed the car in no matter what !!!

the motorcyclists gave the driver ever reason to fear for his life and his families life.

I have spent more time on a motorcycle and bicycle then 99.9% of the population and I have had my share of run ins with cars so I definetly sympathize with the aggression, hatred and assaults regularly by cars against two wheelers.

however, everything I have seen so far in the videos posted show the motorcyclists were wrong and the range rover driver acted reasonably.

personally, I probably would have backed over the motorcyclists.

mobiushky

The phrase "None of us is as stupid as all of us" pops into mind here. Whoever started it, the bikers hit mob mentality the moment they got together. Generally that doesn't mean a whole lot, but when the mob sees a perceived attack (real or not) they immediately lower their IQ by less than half. That's true of bikers, fraternities, girls scouts, octogenarians, you name it. They all got stupid in nothing flat. The SUV driver probably had a part to play in the whole thing as well. Fear has a tendency to make you do things you would not normally do.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

A source is not relevant to the argument itself.

Not your's maybe. I am engaged in more than one debate at the moment.

And after watching the video several more times there WAS NO BRAKE CHECK. He rolled off the throttle, bike slowed as he looked back and was hit from behind. No brake light. Absolutely no way to tell what happens after the SUV hits the guy. Till several get run over as the driver attempts to flee. There is absolutely no evidence of an attack. A bunch of bikers stop, start to stand around after they are witness to one of theirs just getting hit. That's what happens. Stop and assess the damage. Figure out what the heck just happened. There is no surrounding. The only violence the video shows is the initial hit and then people getting run over.

Last edited:

JustaShooter

First of all your "article" is not an article at all. Yet you conveniently ignore that fact. It only represents one side of a still obscure incident with inflammatory language designed to illicit the exact response you are currently displaying. Congrats. There is no motorcyclist interviewed in case you missed it.

You (and all the rest) want to offer biased opinion after embracing a lefty clickbait piece go right ahead. You Sir, bought into lefty NY clickbait hook, line and sinker.

Congrats again.

Here's the video you request. They are sequentially numbered on the uploader's page. Witness with your own eyes THUGS riding around on streets. The Horror. (in no way am I condoning riding like a squid)

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZQYBUohOsc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUod6IWpnppkLNGbMk-fLMdw

First, I was offering an alternative to your clearly biased post. I am reserving judgement until I have seen video beyond what has been presented up till now.

Second, I have bought into nothing. You, however are so bought-in to your mindset that the SUV driver is at fault that you can't see past your prejudice.

Finally, you have provided nothing but a link that results in:

This video is private.
If the owner of this video has granted you access, please log in.

Three strikes, you're out!

skeith5

And after watching the video several more times there WAS NO BRAKE CHECK. He rolled off the throttle, bike slowed as he looked back and was hit from behind. No brake light. Absolutely no way to tell what happens after the SUV hits the guy. Till several get run over as the driver attempts to flee. There is absolutely no evidence of an attack. A bunch of bikers stop, start to stand around after they are witness to one of theirs just getting hit. That's what happens. Stop and assess the damage. Figure out what the heck just happened. There is no surrounding. The only violence the video shows is the initial hit and then people getting run over.

You obviously didn't watch the whole video or read the story. Did you not see a biker run to the car and attempt entry? How about the driver who smashed out the window of the suv when it stopped? Or how about the one who was pounding on the side window where the couple's 5 month old was strapped into a car seat. If the suv driver was armed, at that point I could see justifiable reason to use the firearm to stop the attack. And yes, I ride...

HandyHamlet

Finally, you have provided nothing but a link that results in:
Three strikes, you're out!

Wrong. All videos were up until just now. Watched by others here. Looks like someone got a lawyer. I don't need to provide anything. All the evidence is in the original video. Everyone is looking for a brake check. It is not there because it did not happen. The first bike is clearly struck from behind in the very beginning of the video. That's why everyone stops. NOT surrounds the SUV. To assess the situation.

You obviously didn't watch the whole video or read the story.

Take your own medicine.

The driver hit a moving biker from behind then ran over people in an attempt to flee. This is all presented in the beginning of the video. Of course he was pursued and pounded on. He ran people over more than once and tried to get away with it. Good thing the guys who got run over were not armed as they would have every reason to defend themselves from a 4 ton weapon.

Last edited:

CDT COX

Why can't you just admit these guys were riding like jackasses and got exactly what they deserve?

HandyHamlet

Why can't you just admit these guys were riding like jackasses and got exactly what they deserve?

About a hundred times I said I don't condone squid's riding habits. "SQUID" is derogatory. My words are there for you to read. Still no reason to run them over or posture online about gunning them down. Why can't you admit that you can't run people over for being jackasses?

Seems the NY police are looking for the bikers. No charges filed against the SUV driver. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Yet.

Last edited:

eye95

...after bikers created an unsafe, and even threatening situation for the SUV.

Thugs. Bullies. Got what they deserved.

Idiots brought bikes to an SUV fight. Idiots took and made available video of their thuggery.

HandyHamlet

Can you link to that video ?

It's the original link in the Original Post.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=319_1380522846

Watching the Liveleak version (Youtube version is down) it looks like the biker may have tapped the brake at 00:25 for a millisecond? All the versions suck and are hard to watch with the head movement. He gets tagged at 00:27.

And again. Not condoning the Squid's actions for those who won't/can't read.

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

All I can say, after seeing the video and reading the articles is this; Thank the Gods that I live in a state where Castle Doctrine applies to our vehicles, and no duty to retreat. Perhaps if the whole event occurred in Kentucky, and the driver knew the laws/carried, there'd be a few less bikers getting away with criminal harassment, breaking and entering, assault, battery, reckless endangerment, reckless driving, etc etc. I've had my share of accounts, where I've been toyed with by motorcyclists. From a couple Harley riders who thought it'd be funny to grab my door handles and hold on to it (The look on their faces when I gunned the gas pedal, was a look that changed from a "Ha-ha what're you gonna do now b-tch?!" to a look of "Oh Sh-t, Oh sh-t!").

Calling that SUV a deadly weapon, and blaming the driver for how he reacted to a threat of imminent danger to himself, and his family; is like blaming someone who protects his family, by using a sidearm against a half dozen gangsters closing in on the family and drawing knives and such. I'd bet the family could have lived if they hadn't been walking down the street, and provoked the gangsters by wearing their nice clothes and walking down that particular street! Right?!

See, this whole event shows why it only really happens, on that level, scale, and severity, in places like New York City. The two-wheeled cowards don't have the gull, or the balls, to try something like that in a gun-friendly state, they know they'd have a 'air hole' in their helmets if they tried to forcefully open a occupied car door, breaking and entering, the responding cops would probably just laugh at the biker for a few minutes before calling them a ambulance (or coroner), and the vehicle's driver and occupants wouldn't be facing criminal charges for defending themselves.

Kudos to the Asian dude, though. Maybe someone will encourage him to move to a state where he doesn't have to use his Vehicle as a defensive weapon, because he'd have one legally in the glove box instead.

Jeff. State

Banned
Mob was coming down on the RR before the first "get away" bike crush.

The family in the SUV was trapped only way out of an escalating chimpout was straight ahead. A firearm in the car may have gotten the thugs back on their bikes before they FORCED the RR driver to run over their toys.

This was a prequel to the Road Warrior. Where's the feral kid?

R027

I would've done the same thing and more.. Got a family in the vehicle vs a mob of bikers angry because I tapped their bike when they broke abruptly in front of me? Not going to wait for something bad to happen, I'm getting the hell out of there.