• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Roads

eagle7fi

I am moveing my Family to New Roads,La. I haven't lived in the area for along time.Has any body heard on open carry in that area? Just sign on. Thanks, eagle7fi

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome to OCDO.

Moved your post from Forum Rules to the LA sub-forum where you can get state specific information.

sraacke

I'll have to check the membership list but I'm fairly sure we have a LOCAL member living in New Roads who OCs regularly. You are certainly welcome to come by the monthly LOCAL meetings in Baton Rouge and meet other OCers in your area.

HeroHog

I checked our database and didn't see any other members in that area I am afraid! Perhaps there are some lurking out there?

sraacke

I think what Speedy /Herohog meant is we checked our membership list but don't currently have any LOCAL members listed in New Roads.
There are likely at least one OCer or more lurking on this forum but we don't know any specific names.

Last edited:

eagle7fi

I checked our database and didn't see any other members in that area I am afraid! Perhaps there are some lurking out there?

Thanks for takeing your time checking for me, I'll call some old friends around that area,I have lived there for over25-30,maybe 35 years,LOL how times goes by. eagle7fi

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thanks for takeing your time checking for me, I'll call some old friends around that area,I have lived there for over25-30,maybe 35 years,LOL how times goes by. eagle7fi
When you get there, spend some time educating them about OC & RKBA - let them know about OCDO and LOCAL, both will always welcome new people.
icon14.png

HeroHog

Any time! It's the least we can do. Please let us know if you have any questions!