• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire - Need 13 More Signups Today!

Liberty4Ever

Some local gun rights people (I don't know who they are) are trying to get enough people to sign up to show a pro-2A documentary, just south of Lexington Kentucky. There are currently 61 people signed up and pre-paid to see it and only 13 more need to sign up in advance for it to be shown. If you or someone you know might be interested, please check it out. There's only one day left to sign up, and if they don't get the other 13 by then, the event is canceled.

Tugg event url: http://www.tugg.com/go/rhe7v9

Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire
Presented by Not For Profit Supporters
Thursday, October 17 7:30pm - 8:49pm
in Nicholasville, KY at AmStar 14 - Brannon Crossing $10.00 General

I'm signed up for this event, and I hope we get 13 more today so they'll show it. I hope to see you there!

If anyone would like to grab a bite to eat before or after, please talk it up in this thread. There are plenty of places to eat nearby, and most are probably OC friendly. I haven't eaten at that Red Robin in over a year. Unlimited bowls of fries! Woot!

I would have posted this in the thread where it should have belonged, but that thread was locked. Please do not restart that off-topic stuff in this thread. Thank you!

KYGlockster

Activist Member
You mentioned places to eat that are OC friendly, yet you are going to a movie theater that is NON-friendly to see a movie about the assault on our Civil (Constitutional) rights. Has the theater altered its "no firearms" policy for this showing?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
One of the biggest Ironies I've found in life, is we can be anything we want to be... Unless we're poor, or lower-middleclass! The American Dream, providing irony since the 19th Century.

My uncle (Carl V. Curnutte III) was very poor when he was younger. He obtained grants, scholarships and student loans to get through college at Morehead. He went on to obtain his Master's degree and became a very successful costume designer and was nominated for an Emmy. He has worked on films such as 'Dirty Dancing Havana Nights,' 'Head of State,' 'Gods and Generals' and many more. He is well respected on Broadway (was the costume designer for the production 'The Producers') and helped design lingerie with William Ivy Long of New York, NY. He has now settled down as a city councilman in Manteo, NC, which is on Roanoke Island and is also the Chief Executive of The Lost Colony outdoor drama which is also located on Roanoke Island.

He accomplished all of this by eating Ramen Noodles every day throughout college and working two jobs. You CAN become anything you want if you put your mind to it! Don't let your financial situation get in the way of your dreams. And yes, he is gay by the way. He is a very well-respected man and I have a great deal of respect for him myself. He is one of my heroes and I hope to be the man he is when I reach his age.

Anyways, is the showing going to proceed?

DrakeZ07

I wasn't speaking in regards to myself, when I spoke of the irony of the American dream.

And hey, Glockie~ I may not have any fashionable and designer contacts, but I can help you be just like your uncle in at-least one way ;3 <3 If you'll be at the EKOC meet on the 18th, I can bring some nail polish, and flavoured lubricant, and some Nair, and other girly products, so we could get you on step to the pink pathway... Err, I'm sorry, I meant Lightish-red pathway~~~ <3

Last edited:

neuroblades

One of the biggest Ironies I've found in life, is we can be anything we want to be... Unless we're poor, or lower-middleclass! The American Dream, providing irony since the 19th Century.

Well this is very sad but all too true, UNLESS you're a Obama-nite! Then you can be well off, set home, do nothing, eat expensive meats and swell all day long, till your heart's content while us working folks are killing ourselves to support their lazy a**es.

neuroblades

I wasn't speaking in regards to myself, when I spoke of the irony of the American dream.

And hey, Glockie~ I may not have any fashionable and designer contacts, but I can help you be just like your uncle in at-least one way ;3 <3 If you'll be at the EKOC meet on the 18th, I can bring some nail polish, and flavoured lubricant, and some Nair, and other girly products, so we could get you on step to the pink pathway... Err, I'm sorry, I meant Lightish-red pathway~~~ <3

You made an error Drake, it's the 19th, not the 18th.

neuroblades

So how was the movie? I couldn't go due to an issue that came up with my son. Any problems with the theater?

It was fun, interesting, informative, well done & an altogether great get together of like-minded individuals. I was talking to more than a few people that attended and everyone seemed to greatly enjoy this show. There was one thing that kind of bothered me. At one point in the film, they mentioned the group, "Pink Pistols" and for some reason, nearly everyone laughed. I don't know why they were laughing but to each there own.

I meet many new and interesting people and saw a few old faces on the 17th! :)

I would like to see more shows like this one done in this manner.

On the way out of the theater proper I had a conversation with an older gentleman and I remarked that it would've been interesting to know just how many people were armed that night. *LOL* I later told this gentleman that this was the safest theater in the country that night. *LOL*

I'd like to personally think the Constitutional Party for making this event possible and for the wonder information that was handed out before the showing.

neuroblades

Wish I could have seen this. Was this a "see it now or never" film, or will I be able to rent it in the near future?

I don't know if this was a "one shot" deal or if it'll be available elsewhere but I'm guessing that it will end up, at least at some point, being available elsewhere due to the nature of this film.

It was without a doubt, one of th best educational films that I have ever seen. It tracks the Second Amendment through history in a sense and makes it easier for those that might not be as Pro-2A friendly to understand it all.