Thread: Restaurant Policy Changes

Restaurant Policy Changes

I just thought I'd warn everyone here that the Little Hen restaurant in Holly Springs has just posted their policy and views on the new conceal carry laws.
    I will be avoiding the place personally and am interested in learning about other restaurants that have decided to update their policies in light of the new laws.
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...03829046378574

As a open carry citizen I am not included in the new law, so I have not, and will not go to restaurants that serve alcohol. But Little Hen will now be a target for bad guys, no sympathy for them at all.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    go there, sit down, get a menu and complaint that carry is not on the menu !

i must have missed the portion of newstatute which stated gun buster notification is allowed to be posted on facebook...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    i must have missed the portion of newstatute which stated gun buster notification is allowed to be posted on facebook...

ipse
    You probably missed this too:

[quote from FB page]
    Little Hen Restaurant: The notice, which merely preserves our right to opt-out of a new law that takes effect today, was meant to inform our patrons and potential customers, not of our political stance, but rather, of our business decision. It was written in capitalized letters to draw attention, so that the post would be read and noted. There will be a sign posted at the restaurant. We do not endorse any suppositions, conclusions and other assertions that readers have attributed to the post; all comments or debate stemming therefrom remain each individual's prerogative although as always, we request that posts reflect useful, thoughtful and civil content.

I understand your point, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post

[quote from FB page]
    Little Hen Restaurant: The notice, which merely preserves our right to opt-out of a new law that takes effect today, was meant to inform our patrons and potential customers, not of our political stance, but rather, of our business decision. It was written in capitalized letters to draw attention, so that the post would be read and noted. There will be a sign posted at the restaurant. We do not endorse any suppositions, conclusions and other assertions that readers have attributed to the post; all comments or debate stemming therefrom remain each individual's prerogative although as always, we request that posts reflect useful, thoughtful and civil content.

If I remember correctly that was a follow up post to the original which was rude and in all caps. I think they got overwhelmed by the response, and backtracked. I'll dig back but I do not think signage was mentioned until later.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

So understand clearly, you can only carry in a location that serves alcohol if you have a permission slip, but not without? If you do have one, can you open carry?

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    So understand clearly, you can only carry in a location that serves alcohol if you have a permission slip, but not without? If you do have one, can you open carry?
    Oh no, don't ask this one. Have a look at some previous threads where this is discussed in depth, lets not go into that rabbit hole on this thread
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...B937-READ-THIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Some say you can, some say you can't. I will not, I am too old with too many health problems to go to jail to prove a point.

The law is vague, one statute clearly states you cannot open carry in a restaurant, another only allows carry with a CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMIT. The summary in the books clearly states the law is intended for concealed carry. Nothing in the statute gives OC a go ahead for what is already illegal.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post

[quote from FB page]

bc...your highlight...is future tense and does not indicate if the proprietor has in fact posted such a sign at the restarurant and the initial OP posting only stated they wont go to the restarurant based strictly of what they saw the facebook, therefore my comment...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain