• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restaurant Policy Changes

WalkingWolf

As a open carry citizen I am not included in the new law, so I have not, and will not go to restaurants that serve alcohol. But Little Hen will now be a target for bad guys, no sympathy for them at all.

solus

i must have missed the portion of newstatute which stated gun buster notification is allowed to be posted on facebook...

ipse

bc.cruiser

i must have missed the portion of newstatute which stated gun buster notification is allowed to be posted on facebook...

ipse

You probably missed this too:

[quote from FB page]
Little Hen Restaurant: The notice, which merely preserves our right to opt-out of a new law that takes effect today, was meant to inform our patrons and potential customers, not of our political stance, but rather, of our business decision. It was written in capitalized letters to draw attention, so that the post would be read and noted. There will be a sign posted at the restaurant. We do not endorse any suppositions, conclusions and other assertions that readers have attributed to the post; all comments or debate stemming therefrom remain each individual's prerogative although as always, we request that posts reflect useful, thoughtful and civil content.

I understand your point, though.

WalkingWolf

[quote from FB page]
Little Hen Restaurant: The notice, which merely preserves our right to opt-out of a new law that takes effect today, was meant to inform our patrons and potential customers, not of our political stance, but rather, of our business decision. It was written in capitalized letters to draw attention, so that the post would be read and noted. There will be a sign posted at the restaurant. We do not endorse any suppositions, conclusions and other assertions that readers have attributed to the post; all comments or debate stemming therefrom remain each individual's prerogative although as always, we request that posts reflect useful, thoughtful and civil content.

If I remember correctly that was a follow up post to the original which was rude and in all caps. I think they got overwhelmed by the response, and backtracked. I'll dig back but I do not think signage was mentioned until later.

BroadwayJoe

So understand clearly, you can only carry in a location that serves alcohol if you have a permission slip, but not without? If you do have one, can you open carry?

REDFIVE48

WalkingWolf

So understand clearly, you can only carry in a location that serves alcohol if you have a permission slip, but not without? If you do have one, can you open carry?

Some say you can, some say you can't. I will not, I am too old with too many health problems to go to jail to prove a point.

The law is vague, one statute clearly states you cannot open carry in a restaurant, another only allows carry with a CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMIT. The summary in the books clearly states the law is intended for concealed carry. Nothing in the statute gives OC a go ahead for what is already illegal.

solus

[quote from FB page]

bc...your highlight...is future tense and does not indicate if the proprietor has in fact posted such a sign at the restarurant and the initial OP posting only stated they wont go to the restarurant based strictly of what they saw the facebook, therefore my comment...

ipse