• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gov't job wants me fingerprinted!

Old Virginia Joe

My state job (I'm almost 20 years) now wants us to get fingerprinted to be credentialled because we do work for the federal government, and this is the new expectation by the feds. Can I be forced to do this, or fired, if I refuse? If I go along, can this come back to haunt me later in the new world order we see developing? I know we made a big deal about CHP applications, and LEAs keeping fingerprint cards. Isn't this even worse, i.e., no reqt to destroy said cards? Thanks.

Last edited:

AtackDuck

Paw prints

My state job (I'm almost 20 years) now wants us to get fingerprinted to be credentialled because we do work for the federal government, and this is the new expectation by the feds. Can I be forced to do this, or fired, if I refuse? If I go along, can this come back to haunt me later in the new world order we see developing? I know we made a big deal about CHP applications, and LEAs keeping fingerprint cards. Isn't this even worse, i.e., no reqt to destroy said cards? Thanks.

Joe, you are an Army vet; the feds already have your fingerprints.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

They probably can terminate you Joe.
Welcome to the world of hard decisions.

FWIW....eight out of ten people will blink.

RugarRev

Joe, you are an Army vet; the feds already have your fingerprints.

Yes, they already have your fingerprints, DNA, and if you retired/discharged during the '90s or later, they have your cranial X-ray for future forensic analysis if necessary. (yes, they have mine too.)

To answer your questions: Yes they can and most probably will.

Say 'hello' to big brother.

RR

va_tazdad

Welcome to my world.

I have been printed so many times in the last 40 years I am sure the "gubermant" had to kill a tree just for that purpose.

Logan 5

Hey, if you don't want the job, I'll take it! They've printed me plenty of times in the past.

XD40sc

Lots of people get fingerprinted, a requirement to work around children, and many government jobs. My company contracted with different government agencies, and I was fingerprinted for each of them (stupid government) because I had to do a security application for each three letter agency we had contracts with.

Logan 5

Yeeeeeeah. That's a good one! Yeah! FBI...capable of actually DOING something "right". Great joke!
Now what's the punch line?

Old Virginia Joe

OK, I get it, thanks. Soooo, what was all the big fuss about the local county fingerprint cards not being destroyed from the CHP process? Was that all just a tempest in a teapot? Sounds like it.

TFred

OK, I get it, thanks. Soooo, what was all the big fuss about the local county fingerprint cards not being destroyed from the CHP process? Was that all just a tempest in a teapot? Sounds like it.
Virginia code said that CHP print cards had to be destroyed after the one-time use. Speculation was that nothing ever sent to the FBI is destroyed. I don't know that anyone ever proved that, but I seriously doubt anyone believes the FBI destroyed the cards (or more importantly, their record of the prints) either.

TFred

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

That's actually a very good point Joe....but since I don't have a CHP and get a little tired of the constant whining.....I didn't get involved in it.:uhoh:

HPmatt

they cannot take fingerprints if you have no fingers .... you know what is necessary

I think the fallback here is to do toe prints - don't chicken out and only go halfway...

Of course they have developed Corneal scans too....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk