Thread: Gov't job wants me fingerprinted!

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar

Question Gov't job wants me fingerprinted!

My state job (I'm almost 20 years) now wants us to get fingerprinted to be credentialled because we do work for the federal government, and this is the new expectation by the feds. Can I be forced to do this, or fired, if I refuse? If I go along, can this come back to haunt me later in the new world order we see developing? I know we made a big deal about CHP applications, and LEAs keeping fingerprint cards. Isn't this even worse, i.e., no reqt to destroy said cards? Thanks.
    Last edited by Old Virginia Joe; 10-01-2013 at 10:19 PM.
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

Lightbulb Paw prints

Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia Joe View Post
    My state job (I'm almost 20 years) now wants us to get fingerprinted to be credentialled because we do work for the federal government, and this is the new expectation by the feds. Can I be forced to do this, or fired, if I refuse? If I go along, can this come back to haunt me later in the new world order we see developing? I know we made a big deal about CHP applications, and LEAs keeping fingerprint cards. Isn't this even worse, i.e., no reqt to destroy said cards? Thanks.
    Joe, you are an Army vet; the feds already have your fingerprints.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    They probably can terminate you Joe.
    Welcome to the world of hard decisions.

FWIW....eight out of ten people will blink.

Re: Gov't job wants me fingerprinted!

Quote Originally Posted by AtackDuck View Post
    Pretty much hit that head on.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by AtackDuck View Post
    Yes, they already have your fingerprints, DNA, and if you retired/discharged during the '90s or later, they have your cranial X-ray for future forensic analysis if necessary. (yes, they have mine too.)

To answer your questions: Yes they can and most probably will.

Say 'hello' to big brother.

RR

Welcome to my world.

I have been printed so many times in the last 40 years I am sure the "gubermant" had to kill a tree just for that purpose.

Hey, if you don't want the job, I'll take it! They've printed me plenty of times in the past.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Lots of people get fingerprinted, a requirement to work around children, and many government jobs. My company contracted with different government agencies, and I was fingerprinted for each of them (stupid government) because I had to do a security application for each three letter agency we had contracts with.

Banned
    they cannot take fingerprints if you have no fingers .... you know what is necessary

Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System - IAFIS

Has 70M criminal prints, 31M civil prints and 70K terrorist prints. http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/fin...cs/iafis/iafis
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Yeeeeeeah. That's a good one! Yeah! FBI...capable of actually DOING something "right". Great joke!
    Now what's the punch line?
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    OK, I get it, thanks. Soooo, what was all the big fuss about the local county fingerprint cards not being destroyed from the CHP process? Was that all just a tempest in a teapot? Sounds like it.
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

OK, I get it, thanks. Soooo, what was all the big fuss about the local county fingerprint cards not being destroyed from the CHP process? Was that all just a tempest in a teapot? Sounds like it.
    Virginia code said that CHP print cards had to be destroyed after the one-time use. Speculation was that nothing ever sent to the FBI is destroyed. I don't know that anyone ever proved that, but I seriously doubt anyone believes the FBI destroyed the cards (or more importantly, their record of the prints) either.

TFred
    Last edited by TFred; 10-02-2013 at 07:46 AM.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    That's actually a very good point Joe....but since I don't have a CHP and get a little tired of the constant whining.....I didn't get involved in it.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    they cannot take fingerprints if you have no fingers .... you know what is necessary
    I think the fallback here is to do toe prints - don't chicken out and only go halfway...

Of course they have developed Corneal scans too....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651