Thread: Wife finally got her CCL...

Wife finally got her CCL...

Number 1999XX

We are just days from pulling 200,000 CCL holders in WI. Does anyone know what percentage of the legal/law abiding population is?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    Number 1999XX

We are just days from pulling 200,000 CCL holders in WI. Does anyone know what percentage of the legal/law abiding population is?
    1000% of course ! don't know what you are referring to...

I was told there would be no math.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Number 1999XX We are just days from pulling 200,000 CCL holders in WI. Does anyone know what percentage of the legal/law abiding population is?
    5,725,000 gross, less 35,000 prisoners, less 100,000 2A disabled (estimate from Sentencing Project and ACLU)

200,000/5590000=0.035778175=3.58%

Doesn't account for minor/underage population
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Number 1999XX

wi surpassed 200k on monday

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...rmit-on-monday
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    200,000/5590000=0.035778175=3.58%

Doesn't account for minor/underage population
    I have seen Michigan statistics stating ~5% of population maintains a CCL. I do not know if that includes minors or not. You can figure that less than 50% of that 3.58% actually carry their handgun on a regular basis and some percentage will fail to renew in 3 years. It will be interesting to see the numbers in another 5 years.

Talking about numbers, does that number on the CCl represent the fact that you were the XXXXXth person who obtained the CCL?

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Talking about numbers, does that number on the CCl represent the fact that you were the XXXXXth person who obtained the CCL?
    Yes, as I understand it, it does. Van Hollen was #1. Some of the guys here got there right afterwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Yup. I wouldn't expec them to go back and re-use numbers when people don't renew old licenses.

My application was in the mail the first day it was possible to do so, and I ended up not far short of #8000. Heh.
    - What da hay?

Keep Calm and Carry On

Number 1999XX

Congratulations on your wife getting her CCL.

Yellow Cat Out -
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.