• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wife finally got her CCL...

anmut

Number 1999XX

We are just days from pulling 200,000 CCL holders in WI. Does anyone know what percentage of the legal/law abiding population is?

Interceptor_Knight

200,000/5590000=0.035778175=3.58%

Doesn't account for minor/underage population
I have seen Michigan statistics stating ~5% of population maintains a CCL. I do not know if that includes minors or not. You can figure that less than 50% of that 3.58% actually carry their handgun on a regular basis and some percentage will fail to renew in 3 years. It will be interesting to see the numbers in another 5 years.

Teej

Talking about numbers, does that number on the CCl represent the fact that you were the XXXXXth person who obtained the CCL?

Yup. I wouldn't expec them to go back and re-use numbers when people don't renew old licenses.

My application was in the mail the first day it was possible to do so, and I ended up not far short of #8000. Heh.