• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Registration of Hand Guns for Concealed Carry in Chicago (with Illinois CCP)

cirrusly

As we all have known for some time now, despite much delaying and liberal whining Illinois has finally relented and is forced to some form of "right to bear arms." The Illinois CCP will be required to conceal within the state of Illinois for residents and non-residents, no city is restricted for carry. However, there are some magazine size limitations. Also, the city of Chicago requires registration of all handguns.

Question: As a non-resident of Illinois, if when I obtain a Illinois non-resident CCW am I, 1. Still required to "register" my weapon with the City of Chicago? 2. Need a "FOID" card?

cirrusly

Whoops, should've Googled recent news first.

For non-residents:
-No registration needed, and no FOID card needed
-Do need Illinois CCP and your gun (within magazine size restrictions)

For residents:
-No registration needed.
-Do need FOID card.
-Do need Illinois CCP and your gun (within magazine size restrictions)

Sounds like Chicago now has a ban on carrying in ANY restaurant/bar that servers OR sells liquor. Not likely to stand though, law suits are being filed against they whiny gun grabbers because this violates the new state preemptions.