Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arizona police officer asked not to wear uniform/ "gun" at daughter’s school

Arizona police officer asked not to wear uniform/ "gun" at daughter’s school

a police officer dropping off his daughter at school was just too scary for some parents in Mesa, AZ

And the school principal actually called that officer to ask him not to wear his uniform on campus ever again.

The issue was that other parents were concerned because he had a gun.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/23...t-school-askedhttp://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/23...t-school-asked

"Well I was a little surprised," said parent Blaine Spencer. "I think that it's his right to wear that in public."
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Soon we will be like the Cayman Islands where most of the policemen don't have guns.

Quote Originally Posted by independence View Post
    Soon we will be like the Cayman Islands where most of the policemen don't have guns.
    One can dream. Then they couldn't shoot at motorists armed with their wallets. Or the family pet.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Re: Arizona police officer asked not to wear uniform/ "gun" at daughter’s school

Some sad background about the Phoenix "Valley" area where this took place. The area is home to nearly 4 million people. Many of them are transplants from california and they think they're old laws still apply in AZ.

Now - as I'm told by longtime residents Open Carry used to be very common. However with constitutional carry being enacted in 2010 hardly anyone OC's anymore in the valley, which only feeds these cali folks gun phobia's. My guess-estimate is atleast a million cali-commies dwell here & it's only getting worse! They can buy property here for less, so they keep coming... at this rate AZ (Phx / Tucson areas) may become even more Commie-fornia like in the near future.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

These parents are either total pansy asses (the goal of our government) or illegal immigrants, wanted felons, drug dealers and other lower life forms (but still better than a pansy ass) and are scared they will shat themselves if they see a cop.

What would they do if something did happen at the school and a dozen of these terrifying people with evil guns showed up.
    Last edited by XD40sc; 10-03-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    One can dream. Then they couldn't shoot at motorists armed with their wallets. Or the family pet.
    I never thought of that. I happen to have a pet wolverine. I plan to arm myself with him. His name is Heinrich. (thanks for the tip!)

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    ... at this rate AZ (Phx / Tucson areas) may become even more Commie-fornia like in the near future.
    It is called Californication. Oregon, Washington, and Idaho have all been raped; admittedly with money lubricant. The square states are infected by Red Colon. I'm done running, I pray I've run far enough.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Meanwhile, while school officials' initial reaction was to ask the officer not to wear his gun and uniform to school, they are now saying they want to turn this incident into "a teachable moment."

They invited the officer to a special assembly to talk about what police officers do for the community.
    A closer scrutiny of that school's administrator's driving habits seems to be in order.

Let's be honest. Do you trust the average over-entitled LEO with a gun? Look at all the questionable shootings, tales of LEOs sweeping drivers trying to wrest the gun out of their safe holsters, shooting old guys in their garages, shooting 5'2 105lb Filipinos with a butter knife five times with a .45.

Whom do you fear more, a thug-wannabe walking up to your car or an angry LEO doing the same? Remember, you can defend yourself against the thug, but not against the LEO.

Do LEOs have a better method of enforcing the law than shooting bullets? I'd say yes. We'd have less well-armed BGs if our LEOs only carried radios, dash cams and a good knowledge of the law.

Just a theory.

How does the above correlate to the op?

Give them credit for being consistent; at least they are not just complaining about civilians OCing in Starbucks.

Having said that, this idea that the sheep are scared of guns is a success story for Eric Holder and his brain washing campaign.

I expect this to get worse before it gets better.
    Last edited by Black_water; 10-04-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Banned
    Two guberment officials battling it out huh?

Oh no, the principle, who has no gun, succumbed to one that does.

Funny story.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_water View Post
    Give them credit for being consistent; at least they are not just complaining about civilians OCing in Starbucks.

Having said that, this idea that the sheep are scared of guns is a success story for Eric Holder and his brain washing campaign.

I expect this to get worse before it gets better.
    No credit, as it is for the wrong reasons. Being consistently wrong only makes one predictable, but never commendable.

I wholly agree on Holder's brainwashing campaign having some success, but like I said in another post, these propaganda techniques are really just emulating the propaganda strategies employed by Joseph Goebbels (Hitler's Minister of Propaganda).

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Unarmed people in a school don't like someone showing up in uniform, and all it represents to them, wearing a firearm. Perhaps they also read the news. Hard to blame them. Maybe more people should object to this.

In addition, look who's really a dangerous driver on N.C.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/police-c...025620906.html

And, they have no comeuppance, ignore ABC news' polite inquiry, and yes, kill innocents.

Maybe, in N.C. cops should have speed governers on their issued cars, or some kind of black box which gets reviewed vs lights on emergency calls. It would save lives. One of the worst offenders (70 in a 45) was wearing a police driving instructor's T-shirt on the way to teach a class. Another was speeding to go to, yep, a dunkin' donut shop.
    Last edited by Maverick9; 10-05-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Repeated.

Repeated.
    See above.

So, liberals/anti-gunners are teaching their youngsters that uniformed cops should be feared, as you state that they should be, for the general reasons you have provide. It seems to me that you agree with those who maligned that cop for doing what a great many parents do each morning, drop their kids off at school in their work clothes.

Thanks for the clarification.

If I cant carry a pistol at my childs public school, why should an off duty cop be able to?

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MattinWA View Post
    If I cant carry a pistol at my childs public school, why should an off duty cop be able to?
    both of these are so good they are beyond comparison thank you both
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

So, liberals/anti-gunners are teaching their youngsters that uniformed cops should be feared, as you state that they should be, for the general reasons you have provide. It seems to me that you agree with those who maligned that cop for doing what a great many parents do each morning, drop their kids off at school in their work clothes.

Thanks for the clarification.
    i thought my kids and am now teaching my grand children to fear the government thugs, or at least giving them the respect they deserve
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by MattinWA View Post
    'Sworn' cops are still 'cops' 24/7. They're not security guards. This guy's on his way to work.

'LEOSA does not override the federal Gun-Free School Zone Act (GFSZA) which prohibits carrying a firearm within 1,000 feet of elementary or secondary schools. Although the GFSZA authorizes on-duty law enforcement officers to carry firearms in such circumstances, off-duty and retired law enforcement officers are still restricted from doing so unless they have a firearms license issued from the state in which they reside and then it is only good for the state in which they reside.'

Arizona does not require a license for OC and the CWP permit is now optional. Uniformed police officers are required to carry their sidearm openly at all times... That's a universal given.
    Last edited by Sonora Rebel; 10-13-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    'Sworn' cops are still 'cops' 24/7. They're not security guards. This guy's on his way to work.

'LEOSA does not override the federal Gun-Free School Zone Act (GFSZA) which prohibits carrying a firearm within 1,000 feet of elementary or secondary schools. Although the GFSZA authorizes on-duty law enforcement officers to carry firearms in such circumstances, off-duty and retired law enforcement officers are still restricted from doing so unless they have a firearms license issued from the state in which they reside and then it is only good for the state in which they reside.'

Arizona does not require a license for OC and the CWP permit is now optional. Uniformed police officers are required to carry their sidearm openly at all times... That's a universal given.
    the question still stands, "If I cant carry a pistol at my child's public school, why should an off duty civilian LEO be able to" ? i have more training and more experience with fire arms then any LEO i know.
    why should he get to carry and i can't?

- unknown

We are all aware of the sillyness involved with the seriously underthought gfsza.

Washington atleast recognizes ccw holders ability to "pick up and drop off students" while armed w/ valid permit.
    Thankfully, our local police dont enforce archaic federal laws, like gfsza, or national time and money wasting drug policies

if the officer has his ccw permit, and there are no state laws prohibiting carry on schools where ya'all live, then I dont see how the school can tell him anything...
    Last edited by MattinWA; 10-14-2013 at 09:57 AM.

In Missouri, a cop can carry onto school property on or off the clock. I can too because I have a CCW endorsement. RSMo 571.030.3 and 571.030.4. I do not know of any cop in my area that would "arrest" a parent picking up or dropping off their kid while OC.

I have been in that position and the cop that saw my OCed pistol helped me unload my son's tuba from the truck. The "gun" was of no concern to her, me blocking a school bus in the school's main driveway for pickup and drop-offs was of concern to her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast