• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arizona police officer asked not to wear uniform/ "gun" at daughter’s school

oldbanger

Arizona police officer asked not to wear uniform/ "gun" at daughter’s school

a police officer dropping off his daughter at school was just too scary for some parents in Mesa, AZ

And the school principal actually called that officer to ask him not to wear his uniform on campus ever again.

The issue was that other parents were concerned because he had a gun.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/23596179/2013/10/02/officer-dropping-off-daughter-at-school-askedhttp://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/23596179/2013/10/02/officer-dropping-off-daughter-at-school-asked

FreeInAZ

Re: Arizona police officer asked not to wear uniform/ "gun" at daughter’s school

Some sad background about the Phoenix "Valley" area where this took place. The area is home to nearly 4 million people. Many of them are transplants from california and they think they're old laws still apply in AZ.

Now - as I'm told by longtime residents Open Carry used to be very common. However with constitutional carry being enacted in 2010 hardly anyone OC's anymore in the valley, which only feeds these cali folks gun phobia's. My guess-estimate is atleast a million cali-commies dwell here & it's only getting worse! They can buy property here for less, so they keep coming... at this rate AZ (Phx / Tucson areas) may become even more Commie-fornia like in the near future. :(

XD40sc

These parents are either total pansy asses (the goal of our government) or illegal immigrants, wanted felons, drug dealers and other lower life forms (but still better than a pansy ass) and are scared they will shat themselves if they see a cop.

What would they do if something did happen at the school and a dozen of these terrifying people with evil guns showed up.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Meanwhile, while school officials' initial reaction was to ask the officer not to wear his gun and uniform to school, they are now saying they want to turn this incident into "a teachable moment."

They invited the officer to a special assembly to talk about what police officers do for the community.
A closer scrutiny of that school's administrator's driving habits seems to be in order.

Maverick9

Let's be honest. Do you trust the average over-entitled LEO with a gun? Look at all the questionable shootings, tales of LEOs sweeping drivers trying to wrest the gun out of their safe holsters, shooting old guys in their garages, shooting 5'2 105lb Filipinos with a butter knife five times with a .45.

Whom do you fear more, a thug-wannabe walking up to your car or an angry LEO doing the same? Remember, you can defend yourself against the thug, but not against the LEO.

Do LEOs have a better method of enforcing the law than shooting bullets? I'd say yes. We'd have less well-armed BGs if our LEOs only carried radios, dash cams and a good knowledge of the law.

Just a theory.

Black_water

Give them credit for being consistent; at least they are not just complaining about civilians OCing in Starbucks.

Having said that, this idea that the sheep are scared of guns is a success story for Eric Holder and his brain washing campaign.

I expect this to get worse before it gets better.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Two guberment officials battling it out huh?

Oh no, the principle, who has no gun, succumbed to one that does.

Funny story.

Rusty Young Man

Give them credit for being consistent; at least they are not just complaining about civilians OCing in Starbucks.

Having said that, this idea that the sheep are scared of guns is a success story for Eric Holder and his brain washing campaign.

I expect this to get worse before it gets better.

No credit, as it is for the wrong reasons. Being consistently wrong only makes one predictable, but never commendable.

I wholly agree on Holder's brainwashing campaign having some success, but like I said in another post, these propaganda techniques are really just emulating the propaganda strategies employed by Joseph Goebbels (Hitler's Minister of Propaganda).

Maverick9

How does the above correlate to the op?

Unarmed people in a school don't like someone showing up in uniform, and all it represents to them, wearing a firearm. Perhaps they also read the news. Hard to blame them. Maybe more people should object to this.

In addition, look who's really a dangerous driver on N.C.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/police-caught-act-025620906.html

And, they have no comeuppance, ignore ABC news' polite inquiry, and yes, kill innocents.

Maybe, in N.C. cops should have speed governers on their issued cars, or some kind of black box which gets reviewed vs lights on emergency calls. It would save lives. One of the worst offenders (70 in a 45) was wearing a police driving instructor's T-shirt on the way to teach a class. Another was speeding to go to, yep, a dunkin' donut shop.

Last edited:

OC for ME

So, liberals/anti-gunners are teaching their youngsters that uniformed cops should be feared, as you state that they should be, for the general reasons you have provide. It seems to me that you agree with those who maligned that cop for doing what a great many parents do each morning, drop their kids off at school in their work clothes.

Thanks for the clarification.

papa bear

So, liberals/anti-gunners are teaching their youngsters that uniformed cops should be feared, as you state that they should be, for the general reasons you have provide. It seems to me that you agree with those who maligned that cop for doing what a great many parents do each morning, drop their kids off at school in their work clothes.

Thanks for the clarification.

i thought my kids and am now teaching my grand children to fear the government thugs, or at least giving them the respect they deserve

Sonora Rebel

If I cant carry a pistol at my childs public school, why should an off duty cop be able to?

'Sworn' cops are still 'cops' 24/7. They're not security guards. This guy's on his way to work.

'LEOSA does not override the federal Gun-Free School Zone Act (GFSZA) which prohibits carrying a firearm within 1,000 feet of elementary or secondary schools. Although the GFSZA authorizes on-duty law enforcement officers to carry firearms in such circumstances, off-duty and retired law enforcement officers are still restricted from doing so unless they have a firearms license issued from the state in which they reside and then it is only good for the state in which they reside.'

Arizona does not require a license for OC and the CWP permit is now optional. Uniformed police officers are required to carry their sidearm openly at all times... That's a universal given.

Last edited: