• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

va state fair thoughts

thedevilrobyjohn

its well known and posted that "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED ON THIS PROPERTY" at the meadow location of the state fair. They have clowns at the gate searching bags and such. They must be looking for cannons because they sure as hell arent going to find pistols with their technique...they simply poke the bag as person after person and stroller after stroller goes by. Maybe they are looking for glass containers? I hope everyone feels so much safer after this show of security. Granted, there seem to be at least 100 state troopers present in every nook and cranny. Funny thing about that is the meadow is out in the country with a nice atmosphere and we are smothered with security and police but when it was over on laburnum and you actually needed the extra security...wasnt there in this number and show of force. The meadow holds gun shows, thats guns on property. They have cowboy mounted shooting with .45"s at the fair, they have the rhinestone roper with at least 4 .45"s shooting wax and blanks but very real guns. His female partner also has a very real .45 on her. So others can be trusted to posses, twirl, and handle openly firearms where firearms are prohibited but not you nor I. Then take our money to make more money selling us guns at a later time....

Last edited: