• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Carolina Seafood Festival

ron73440

Is anybody going to this?

I looked at their website, nothing was said about weapons and they don't charge admission so OC is OK as far as I can tell.

Anywhoo, I'll be there Saturday and maybe Sunday, look for the redneck OC'ing a black pistol with a short wife and two monkeys running around.

Last edited:

Jamesm760

Pffft a link to the event might be nice ;)

Sounds interesting but we don't know location or date/time... Googling is too hard.

papa bear

Is anybody going to this?

I looked at their website, nothing was said about weapons and they don't charge admission so OC is OK as far as I can tell.

Anywhoo, I'll be there Saturday and maybe Sunday, look for the redneck OC'ing a black pistol with a short wife and two monkeys running around.

have you thought of having a GRNC (though i am disappointed at them) booth there?

bc.cruiser

Just checked Morehead City municode: Somewhat ambiguous about firearms. We would certainly read it that the waterfront is not a listed gun-free zone, but who knows what the town police think.

Last edited:

ron73440

Sorry about not including a link, took a stupid pill so it didn't occur to me.

I found a thread from 2009 yesterday about the festival, but can't find it now, but there were no issues in Morehead City, I guess I'll find out today.

Last edited:

Jamesm760

oh well thats nice, looks like it ends tomorrow. Not like I could have gone anyway... my regular schedule for work is weekends =/

ron73440

Took the family, it was hot and crowded, but we all enjoyed our selves. We were passed by two groups of cops, I think they saw the pistol, but I just wanted to be left alone, so I didn't approach them to find out.

Talked to an older gentleman from Tennesee who said it was good to see someone carrying, because "These days you never know." He also said he had a 1911 that was too heavy to carry. I told him mine isn't light, but I carry everywhere I can, if you need it it won't help you in the car.