• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this sign illegal?

bebop4one

Saw this sign at Ravenna Park which is close to where I live. It doesn't say firearms are prohibited but it does say weapons. I think maybe because it doesn't mention firearms specifically that it's fine. Weapons could be anything I suppose but I think they should specify what weapons or maybe "weapons specified by RCW..."

In other news my CPL finally came in the mail! They had 30 days to get it to me and it took 29 haha. Kudos to the Seattle police department for being polite and prompt through the entire process. Now I won't have to worry about accidentally covering my firearm while open carrying.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 263

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Even if legal in wording, I would write a respectful letter to have its wording changed. Those signs, even when the police or other authorities know what to actually enforce, do us a disservice because everyone else sees the signs, then sees us, and assumes we are the ones disobeying.

bebop4one

wow sorry for the sideways pic guys. it's sort of difficult to navigate this site with my phone. looks like i'll have to get tapatalk.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I read it as....
As in any Park the following are prohibited.

.yada
.yada
.yada
.yada
.Possession of alcohol or weapons

Beyond the attitude, I do not believe any little government, no matter how they stomp their feet, can make any law, ordinance, suggestion, or whatever if they are not the State government. My situation re-enforced the law. Oak Harbour put a petty tyrant in his place. The State Attorney General put the city of seattle on notice.
This kind of buffoonery and complete waste of tax money needs to stop. If the sign is new, they did no research. If it is old, and preemption was quite a while ago, it needs to be fixed.
Who will champion this repair??

bebop4one

I read it as....
As in any Park the following are prohibited.

.yada
.yada
.yada
.yada
.Possession of alcohol or weapons

Beyond the attitude, I do not believe any little government, no matter how they stomp their feet, can make any law, ordinance, suggestion, or whatever if they are not the State government. My situation re-enforced the law. Oak Harbour put a petty tyrant in his place. The State Attorney General put the city of seattle on notice.
This kind of buffoonery and complete waste of tax money needs to stop. If the sign is new, they did no research. If it is old, and preemption was quite a while ago, it needs to be fixed.
Who will champion this repair??

I will. It's right outside my place so I'll call someone. Now that I have the CPL scratched off my list I need a new project. I'll keep you updated.

Logan 5

I dunno. I think you'd be safe. Who said your gun is a weapon? I thought it was a tool....