Thread: Utility Companies with signage.

Utility Companies with signage.

I stopped by my local Public Service Water Company today. They have new signage on the door. It has been put up in the last month.
    Question, does signage on a public utility company have force of law? This company is county owned and ran.
    I am not a gun nut, nor am I a nut with a gun
    I simply rufuse to be a helpless victim, I may be unable to stop myself from being a victim but at least I wont be helpless

61-7-14. Right of certain persons to limit possession of firearms on premises. Does not mention signs.

61-3B-2. Trespass in structure or conveyance. Does not require signage.

61-3B-1. Definitions.
    As used in this article: [ ... ]
    (8) "Trespass" under this article is the willful unauthorized entry upon, in or under the property of another, but shall not include the following: [ ... ]
    (c) Permissive entry, whether written or oral, and entry from a public road by the established private ways to reach a residence for the purpose of seeking permission shall not be trespass unless signs are posted prohibiting such entry.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    ... the willful unauthorized entry upon, in or under the property of another...
    How does this answer his question regarding county-owned (public) property?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    How does this answer his question regarding county-owned (public) property?
    Through the definition of person.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I'm not sure if this would fall under private property, as in fact it is a community property. A good friend of mine is the foreman who oversees installation repair ect. I used to live in an area where you had cisterns. There were several dry holes drilled for water. Everyone hauled their water, I had a 4000 gal cistern. But during dry months I would go the company. They had a hydrant with a coin operated water supply. I could but 210 gal for $1.75.He caught some people stealing there water from a hydrant. He told me told me he could have had them charged under terrorist activity. For it was a public water supply owned and operated by state and county funds. Is that true? I don't know. So would the office and plant is county/state ran. Will it still fall under *PRIVATE* property. Where signage has no force of law, unless asked to leave and you refuse?
    I simply rufuse to be a helpless victim, I may be unable to stop myself from being a victim but at least I wont be helpless

I'm not sure if this would fall under private property, as in fact it is a community property. A good friend of mine is the foreman who oversees installation repair ect. I used to live in an area where you had cisterns. There were several dry holes drilled for water. Everyone hauled their water, I had a 4000 gal cistern. But during dry months I would go the company. They have a hydrant with a coin opera water supply. I could buy 210 gal for $1.75.He caught some people stealing water from a hydrant. He told me told me he could have had them charged under terrorist activity. For it was a public water supply owned and operated by state and county funds. Is that true? I don't know. So would the office and plant which is county/state ran, still fall under *PRIVATE* property. Where signage has no force of law, unless asked to leave and you refuse?