Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleting my account.

Deleting my account.

How do I go about it ?

Deleting my account.

Why?
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    How do I go about it ?
    Just keep doing what you're doing right now. Go to every post where you've said something you no longer want anyone to be able to read and delete your comments.

When you're done, erase the bookmark and don't post anymore, it's just that simple.

Unless you want to nuke everything you've ever said (which won't work, thanks to Google), just log out and don't come back.

Simple as that.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/me...?1-John-Pierce

If you have an important reason, John will help you.

How do I go about it ?
    Change your password to a long random sequence of characters, copy and paste the new PW to the confirmation block WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE NEW PASSWORD. Save and close.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Re: Deleting my account.

We get it casper....you don't need us or anything...not one thing here....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2X3vVMdh-s
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

NSA has a backup of everything; you can't delete that....
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

I would suggest PMing the admins, mike or john. Although I suppose that there could be an issue where they wouldn't want to, it is a matter of certainty that they can delete your account.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

I sense butthurt

I think we can safely say this thread has run its course as Casper not only posted today but as of (D-Day +6) 10 Oct 2300 Eastern is still online.

Whatever dilemma he has has apparently resolved itself.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 10-10-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    I sense butthurt
    Wow I hate the term butthurt, reminds me of a folliclely challenged person who used to post here. He seemed to love that term.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    Wow I hate the term butthurt, reminds me of a folliclely challenged person who used to post here. He seemed to love that term.

http://forums.ffshrine.org/f2/offici...thread-113462/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	10881
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Just keep doing what you're doing right now. Go to every post where you've said something you no longer want anyone to be able to read and delete your comments.

When you're done, erase the bookmark and don't post anymore, it's just that simple.
    Uh, the owners of this site do not like that. Someone got butthurt about me deleting all of my posts (the comments therein), complained, and I lost my privilege to edit my posts.

So, it is possible that a member could do as you suggest (I did) and not only not have his account deleted, but severe restrictions placed on his account by the site owners.

Log out and don't come back is the correct course of action.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Uh, the owners of this site do not like that. Someone got butthurt about me deleting all of my posts (the comments therein), complained, and I lost my privilege to edit my posts.

So, it is possible that a member could do as you suggest (I did) and not only not have his account deleted, but severe restrictions placed on his account by the site owners.

Log out and don't come back is the correct course of action.
    See below.

Posting Permissions

• You may post new threads
    • You may post replies
    • You may post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts

Ok guys, thanks. The short answer is "you can't", the long answer is, there are ways around it, and different methods to achieve that same result. My intent was to close my account and rejoin under a different user name so a certain poster would stop swooping down on everything I posted in a negative manner.
    Last edited by casper; 10-11-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Ok guys, thanks. The short answer is "you can't", the long answer is, there are ways around it, and different methods to achieve that same result. My intent was to close my account and rejoin under a different user name so a certain poster would stop swooping down on everything I posted in a negative manner.
    So, you think that having a different name will allow you to hide from someone? Really, are you new to forums, cause while people can change their name (typically with new accounts after being banned), they never manage to change their stripes, and it's not that hard to identify returnee's, especially for those that disagree with them.

If you are trying to get rid of what you posted. you can't there is a cache of it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    So, you think that having a different name will allow you to hide from someone? Really, are you new to forums, cause while people can change their name (typically with new accounts after being banned), they never manage to change their stripes, and it's not that hard to identify returnee's, especially for those that disagree with them.
    It was worth a shot, but I can see a mind set pattern here, friction between forum members just weakens the fabric of what we are supposed to be trying to accomplish here. Being abrasive toward one another doesn't help at all. Try being nice or at least empathetic toward people and see how that works. It's probably not going to change though. You guys just lost another member. Congratulations on your efforts to try to make open carry more excepted. Good luck with your battle, your gonna need it. You should be very proud of yourselves.
    Last edited by casper; 10-11-2013 at 06:49 PM.

ICongratulations on your efforts to try to make open carry more excepted. .
    The problem premise in a nut head.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Re: Deleting my account.

He does have a valid point. We can be Richard Cranium's sometimes guys/gals. Maybe we can try to "live & let
    live" with future newbies? Remember we're supposed to be "rights" supporters. Why? The 2A makes all others possible. However we cannot pick & choose right's to support (leave that to our foes, they are experts at it) we must support someone's right to speak their minds (within the limits of forum rules), no matter how stupid we think their thoughts may be.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

It was worth a shot, but I can see a mind set pattern here, friction between forum members just weakens the fabric of what we are supposed to be trying to accomplish here. Being abrasive toward one another doesn't help at all. Try being nice or at least empathetic toward people and see how that works. It's probably not going to change though. You guys just lost another member. Congratulations on your efforts to try to make open carry more excepted. Good luck with your battle, your gonna need it. You should be very proud of yourselves.
    Oh puhleeese!

Read the PMs you send before you complain about abrasiveness.

Buh-bye. (again)

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    He does have a valid point. We can be Richard Cranium's sometimes guys/gals. Maybe we can try to "live & let
    live" with future newbies? Remember we're supposed to be "rights" supporters. Why? The 2A makes all others possible. However we cannot pick & choose right's to support (leave that to our foes, they are experts at it) we must support someone's right to speak their minds (within the limits of forum rules), no matter how stupid we think their thoughts may be.
    Yes, but many people also forget that they have the "right" to NOT speak their minds, and thereby leave little doubt. In my very humble opinion, the best course of action to what one perceives as an attack on a forum is often to refuse to play the game. By trying to always have the last word, in essence a meager attempt to maintain one's "vanity", very smart people can come as as looking very foolish.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Banned

Deleting my account.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Yes, but many people also forget that they have the "right" to NOT speak their minds, and thereby leave little doubt. In my very humble opinion, the best course of action to what one perceives as an attack on a forum is often to refuse to play the game. By trying to always have the last word, in essence a meager attempt to maintain one's "vanity", very smart people can come as as looking very foolish.
    Sometimes it is best just to move on and let the other guy get the last word he so desperately needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Yes he does. You would think, or at least reasonable people would, that regardless of how you carry, we all should be on the same side of protecting our rights to arm ourselves for our protection.

However you will see many comments from the OC supporters that are rather hostile in their comments toward the people that choose to CC, with snide remarks about caving to the man to get permissions slips, etc. These comment do nothing to cause me a primary CC'er to support those that choose to OC, and it is clear that many OC'ers have no intention of supporting CC'ers, especially in my state, NC, with the passage of HB937 that effects CC'ers only.

A few people that OC, are the worst enemy of the cause. The people that insist on carrying their AR15's (in their hand because they don't even have a sling) into Starbuck for photo ops, accomplished only one thing, Starbucks request to not bring any gun into a starbucks. Keep it up, and I suspect they will post their stores.

I am a strong supporter of our 2A rights, and I also support the property rights of individuals. There is a middle ground, but now when jackholes use a business as a platform for political demonstrations.

I got flamed when I first made such comments, and I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but to delete my account over it, my hide is a bit tougher than that. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
    Last edited by XD40sc; 10-11-2013 at 10:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast