• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Deleting my account.

KBCraig

Unless you want to nuke everything you've ever said (which won't work, thanks to Google), just log out and don't come back.

Simple as that.

Michigander

I would suggest PMing the admins, mike or john. Although I suppose that there could be an issue where they wouldn't want to, it is a matter of certainty that they can delete your account.

OC for ME

Just keep doing what you're doing right now. Go to every post where you've said something you no longer want anyone to be able to read and delete your comments.

When you're done, erase the bookmark and don't post anymore, it's just that simple.
Uh, the owners of this site do not like that. Someone got butthurt about me deleting all of my posts (the comments therein), complained, and I lost my privilege to edit my posts.

So, it is possible that a member could do as you suggest (I did) and not only not have his account deleted, but severe restrictions placed on his account by the site owners.

Log out and don't come back is the correct course of action.

OC for ME

Uh, the owners of this site do not like that. Someone got butthurt about me deleting all of my posts (the comments therein), complained, and I lost my privilege to edit my posts.

So, it is possible that a member could do as you suggest (I did) and not only not have his account deleted, but severe restrictions placed on his account by the site owners.

Log out and don't come back is the correct course of action.
See below.

[h=4]Posting Permissions[/h]
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

casper

Ok guys, thanks. The short answer is "you can't", the long answer is, there are ways around it, and different methods to achieve that same result. My intent was to close my account and rejoin under a different user name so a certain poster would stop swooping down on everything I posted in a negative manner.

Last edited:

XD40sc

Ok guys, thanks. The short answer is "you can't", the long answer is, there are ways around it, and different methods to achieve that same result. My intent was to close my account and rejoin under a different user name so a certain poster would stop swooping down on everything I posted in a negative manner.

So, you think that having a different name will allow you to hide from someone? Really, are you new to forums, cause while people can change their name (typically with new accounts after being banned), they never manage to change their stripes, and it's not that hard to identify returnee's, especially for those that disagree with them.

wizzi01

If you are trying to get rid of what you posted. you can't there is a cache of it somewhere.

casper

So, you think that having a different name will allow you to hide from someone? Really, are you new to forums, cause while people can change their name (typically with new accounts after being banned), they never manage to change their stripes, and it's not that hard to identify returnee's, especially for those that disagree with them.
It was worth a shot, but I can see a mind set pattern here, friction between forum members just weakens the fabric of what we are supposed to be trying to accomplish here. Being abrasive toward one another doesn't help at all. Try being nice or at least empathetic toward people and see how that works. It's probably not going to change though. You guys just lost another member. Congratulations on your efforts to try to make open carry more excepted. Good luck with your battle, your gonna need it. You should be very proud of yourselves.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

He does have a valid point. We can be Richard Cranium's sometimes guys/gals. Maybe we can try to "live & let
live" with future newbies? Remember we're supposed to be "rights" supporters. Why? The 2A makes all others possible. However we cannot pick & choose right's to support (leave that to our foes, they are experts at it) we must support someone's right to speak their minds (within the limits of forum rules), no matter how stupid we think their thoughts may be. :eek:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
It was worth a shot, but I can see a mind set pattern here, friction between forum members just weakens the fabric of what we are supposed to be trying to accomplish here. Being abrasive toward one another doesn't help at all. Try being nice or at least empathetic toward people and see how that works. It's probably not going to change though. You guys just lost another member. Congratulations on your efforts to try to make open carry more excepted. Good luck with your battle, your gonna need it. You should be very proud of yourselves.
Oh puhleeese!

Read the PMs you send before you complain about abrasiveness.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Buh-bye. (again)