• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Deleting my account.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
He does have a valid point. We can be Richard Cranium's sometimes guys/gals. Maybe we can try to "live & let
live" with future newbies? Remember we're supposed to be "rights" supporters. Why? The 2A makes all others possible. However we cannot pick & choose right's to support (leave that to our foes, they are experts at it) we must support someone's right to speak their minds (within the limits of forum rules), no matter how stupid we think their thoughts may be. :eek:

Yes, but many people also forget that they have the "right" to NOT speak their minds, and thereby leave little doubt. In my very humble opinion, the best course of action to what one perceives as an attack on a forum is often to refuse to play the game. By trying to always have the last word, in essence a meager attempt to maintain one's "vanity", very smart people can come as as looking very foolish.

eye95

Yes, but many people also forget that they have the "right" to NOT speak their minds, and thereby leave little doubt. In my very humble opinion, the best course of action to what one perceives as an attack on a forum is often to refuse to play the game. By trying to always have the last word, in essence a meager attempt to maintain one's "vanity", very smart people can come as as looking very foolish.

Sometimes it is best just to move on and let the other guy get the last word he so desperately needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

XD40sc

He does have a valid point. We can be Richard Cranium's sometimes guys/gals. Maybe we can try to "live & let
live" with future newbies? Remember we're supposed to be "rights" supporters. Why? The 2A makes all others possible. However we cannot pick & choose right's to support (leave that to our foes, they are experts at it) we must support someone's right to speak their minds (within the limits of forum rules), no matter how stupid we think their thoughts may be. :eek:

Yes he does. You would think, or at least reasonable people would, that regardless of how you carry, we all should be on the same side of protecting our rights to arm ourselves for our protection.

However you will see many comments from the OC supporters that are rather hostile in their comments toward the people that choose to CC, with snide remarks about caving to the man to get permissions slips, etc. These comment do nothing to cause me a primary CC'er to support those that choose to OC, and it is clear that many OC'ers have no intention of supporting CC'ers, especially in my state, NC, with the passage of HB937 that effects CC'ers only.

A few people that OC, are the worst enemy of the cause. The people that insist on carrying their AR15's (in their hand because they don't even have a sling) into Starbuck for photo ops, accomplished only one thing, Starbucks request to not bring any gun into a starbucks. Keep it up, and I suspect they will post their stores.

I am a strong supporter of our 2A rights, and I also support the property rights of individuals. There is a middle ground, but now when jackholes use a business as a platform for political demonstrations.

I got flamed when I first made such comments, and I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but to delete my account over it, my hide is a bit tougher than that. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Last edited:

eye95

Yes he does. You would think, or at least reasonable people would, that regardless of how you carry, we all should be on the same side of protecting our rights to arm ourselves for our protection...

It is not OC or CC that matters. It is UC, unlicensed carry, for which we need to fight.

<o>

XD40sc

It is not OC or CC that matters. It is UC, unlicensed carry, for which we need to fight.

<o>

I agree, like Vermont. At least there are a few UC states for OC, NC being one of them.

But you have to admit that there have been many comments directed at CC'ers about 'caving to the man' or 'getting your permission slip', etc. which is only divisive. We (2A supporters) can't afford this crap.

Last edited:

eye95

I agree, like Vermont. At least there are a few UC states for OC, NC being one of them.

But you have to admit that there have been many comments directed at CC'ers about 'caving to the man' or 'getting your permission slip', etc. which is only divisive. We (2A supporters) can't afford this crap.

I prefer OC, but is the lack of a need for the State to give me permission to carry that really mattere. If OH would just stop restricting carry in a car without a license, I'd be ecstatic.

<o>

Ezerharden

I prefer OC, but is the lack of a need for the State to give me permission to carry that really mattere. If OH would just stop restricting carry in a car without a license, I'd be ecstatic.

<o>

MI too

papa bear

CASPER, i know what you mean i have a few on other forums that do that to me. one even kept PMing me. i just kept answering them with sincere come backs and really hope they got help with their mental problems.

you just have to have a thicker skin, well not as thick as EYE, but use logic and good argument keep on with you posts and don't worry about the limp wristed

Michigander

Sometimes it is best just to move on and let the other guy get the last word he so desperately needs.

Very true, though there are also often cases of psychotic bullying where it is the job of a moderator to clean up the mess. This forum is known to have instances of such bullying while lacking a proper clean up crew. It does however beat some other forums which have moderators with sock puppets doing the bullying.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I'm deleting my subscription to this thread, and I don't care how much you people beg me to stay subscribed - so there!!

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Very true, though there are also often cases of psychotic bullying where it is the job of a moderator to clean up the mess. This forum is known to have instances of such bullying while lacking a proper clean up crew. It does however beat some other forums which have moderators with sock puppets doing the bullying.

We do what we can; but when in doubt, report it. I don't generally delete posts on my own say so; I'm more of a Libertarian- less governance is better.