• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We have carry issues on Freemont street it seems.

Vegassteve

Yep... this ordinance must be revised to be brought into compliance with preemption. They can prohibit any weapon they want so long as they don't prohibit firearms.

The whole making the area a pvt event would be the issue as well. Also it says in the RJ article that the city council voted on something. So we would need to know exactly what area the searches are taking place and if they are in a public area.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

This is taking a page out of the North Las Vegas weapons prohibited in vehicles ordinance. Notice how it says: except as authorized by law

That could explain why my conceal carry people were not "discovered."

12.02.230 Violations.

It is unlawful for any person:

(A)
To violate LVMC 12.02.020 or any other provision of this Chapter.
(B)
Who is in charge of, or responsible for the conduct of, a special event to knowingly fail to comply with any condition of the permit.
(C)
To consume, sell or be in possession of an alcoholic beverage at the location of a special event while it is taking place, except as expressly authorized by a special event permit.
(D)
To carry or be in possession of a weapon at the location of a special event while it is taking place, except as authorized by law or as specified in a special event permit.
(Ord. No. 6183, § 1, 3-7-12)

desertborn

Do they define "weapon?"

I believe this is the right ordinance for the definition.

10.70.010*- Defined.

"Dangerous or deadly weapons" includes, but it not limited to:(A)Any dirk or dagger;(B)Any knife with a blade three inches or more in length;(C)Any snap-blade or spring-blade knife, regardless of length of the blade;(D)Any ice pick or similar sharp stabbing tool;(E)Any straightedge razor or any razor blade fitted to a handle;(F)Any dangerous or deadly weapon within the meaning of any law of this State restricting the use thereof; and(G)Any cutting, stabbing or bludgeoning weapon or device capable of inflicting grievous bodily harm; and(H)Any firearm, as defined in*Section*10.66.010, other than one carried pursuant to a valid permit issued by a duly authorized governmental authority or an ordinary rifle or shotgun lawfully carried for purposes of hunting or other lawful sport. The permit requirement does not apply to:(1)A person who has not been a resident of the City for at least sixty days; or(2)A firearm during the seventy-two hour period within which a person is allowed to register that firearm under*Section10.66.040

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...10.70.010*- Defined.

"Dangerous or deadly weapons" includes, ... (H)Any firearm, as defined in*Section*10.66.010, other than one carried pursuant to a valid permit issued by a duly authorized governmental authority ... The permit requirement does not apply to:(1)A person who has not been a resident of the City for at least sixty days; or(2)A firearm during the seventy-two hour period within which a person is allowed to register that firearm under*Section10.66.040

Okay, that's weird. I see the firearm exception for those who have a "permit." And then it starts using the term "permit" as if it refers to registration. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

desertborn

Okay, that's weird. I see the firearm exception for those who have a "permit." And then it starts using the term "permit" as if it refers to registration. Am I missing something?

I had noticed that as well. Its possible the copy I found was out dated.