Thread: Battle of the Barrycades – Vets storm Vietnam Memorial, U.S Park Police called in

Battle of the Barrycades – Vets storm Vietnam Memorial, U.S Park Police called in

"Like the hundreds of World War II veterans who came to National Mall to pay their respects this week, a group of Vietnam veterans found a barricade blocking the way to their memorial Friday. News4′s Mark Segraves said two U.S. Park Service Rangers manning the gate asked that the group respect the government’s shutdown but moved aside.
    [ ... ]
    U.S. Park Police arrive to the scene, asked everyone to leave and put the barricade back into place."

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/10...ice-called-in/

Legal Insurrection brought US the live comments on the GZ trial.

ETA: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ll_759267.html
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-05-2013 at 01:11 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    "Respect the shutdown" ??? LOL. Wonder what THAT means. To me, this line of thinking doesn't make sense - "There is no money to pay employees, therefore we should spend employee manpower and physical resources on blocking access to government-provided structures which require little or no maintenance or supervision."

It's a spectacle. They want people to have an impression that their world will come to an end as long as the government cannot operate, even though ironically it's government presence and operation being used to create that impression. Then all they have to do is get the blame to fall on their opposing politicians. Job done.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 10-05-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    "Respect the shutdown" ??? LOL. Wonder what THAT means. To me, this line of thinking doesn't make sense - "There is no money to pay employees, therefore we should spend employee manpower and physical resources on blocking access to government-provided structures which require little or no maintenance or supervision."
    I've noticed that too and then we'll load a dog onto a plane to fly alone with secret service and other personal to Martha's Vineyard.
    It's a spectacle. They want people to have an impression that their world will come to an end as long as the government cannot operate, even though ironically it's government presence and operation being used to create that impression. Then all they have to do is get the blame to fall on their opposing politicians. Job done.
    Yeah I am getting the same impression because the NSA, CIA, FBI, and IRS are still up and running right now.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

TSA Blueshirts too
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Examiner.com
    A Park Service ranger in Washington said that, "We've been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”
    It's not about spending, it's about making my life and yours as miserable as they can until we give in to their bullying.

It is a presidential temper tantrum. Wish I knew the person to give him what naughty children who throw tantrums deserve. He needs a political thrashing. Too bad the republicans likely don't have the guts to do it.

Banned
    The US government didn't build that monument. Private donors did. I hope those Vets don't "respect the shutdown."

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The US government didn't build that monument. Private donors did. I hope those Vets don't "respect the shutdown."
    Even IF the US Gov't DID build it, it was with money they got from the public, so it's still public paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJack View Post
    Even IF the US Gov't DID build it, it was with money they got from the public, so it's still public paid for.
    + 2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJack View Post
    Well, to be paid for by your grandkids anyway .... lol