Thread: Health Care Checkpoints ?

Health Care Checkpoints ?

What do you think ? Constitutional ?

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    Little more detail maybe?

Banned
    Detail? OK. He was drinking. He had a thought that he believed, at the time, under the influence, was brilliant. He posted it. Now, in the light of day, it just looks dumb.

Enough detail?

Troll bait, taken.

Somebody's gonna need some loong fish hook removal pliers, 'cause this one was swallowed hook-line-and-sinker, and didn't get snagged in his 'eye'.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJack View Post
    Little more detail maybe?
    Police checkpoints to check all people for evidence and proof of having the legally required health insurance coverage

Founder's Club Member
    Of course such a roadblock wouldn't be constitutional. But, that's rarely stopped government before.

A sooper-secret government spy agency hoovers up almost all electronic communications, another agency writes its own warrants, another kills American citizens without trial. The Fourth Amendment hanging in shreds, government wolves slavering at the opportunity to chew some holes into the Fifth Amendment. I don't think police suspicionless roadblocks for health reasons are outside the realm of possibility. I'd say we have a ways to go before they think they could get away with it.

If a person buys into the premise that he can force others to obtain health insurance because the treatment of uninsured drives up health costs, then its all downhill from there. "You don't live as healthy as me, therefore you cost me more. During DUI roadblocks, police should also check for evidence of health coverage and evidence of unhealthy habits."

Of course, we may implode economically, and receive a government that doesn't bother to lie about its tyrannical activities, before health roadblocks start.
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-07-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned

Health Care Checkpoints ?

Police checkpoints to check all people for evidence and proof of having the legally required health insurance coverage
    Stupid question. If no one is even trying to do this, why ask? Some people are so desperate for controversy involving police...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Banned
    You talking about the one at the whitehouse where the CT lady tried to get signed up? Seems like they do not like people coming by to personally sign up.

Or maybe she was able to sign up and this was the medical treatment determined under obamalama care.

Death panels are then real, huh?

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Of course such a roadblock wouldn't be constitutional. But, that's rarely stopped government before.

A sooper-secret government spy agency hoovers up almost all electronic communications, another agency writes its own warrants, another kills American citizens without trial. The Fourth Amendment hanging in shreds, government wolves slavering at the opportunity to chew some holes into the Fifth Amendment. I don't think police suspicionless roadblocks for health reasons are outside the realm of possibility. I'd say we have a ways to go before they think they could get away with it.

If a person buys into the premise that he can force others to obtain health insurance because the treatment of insured drives up health costs, then its all downhill from there. "You don't live as healthy as me, therefore you cost me more. During DUI roadblocks, police should also check for evidence of health coverage and evidence of unhealthy habits."

Of course, we may implode economically, and receive a government that doesn't bother to lie about its tyrannical activities, before health roadblocks start.
    Qft.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by clifflacon View Post
    davidmcbeth yes, it was a medical treatment under obama care which really helped her to overcome from her mental behavior, depression and overweight problems.
    Riiiiiight. She overcame those problems in the tiny period of time that obamacare has been around. Obama really is a miracle worker. We should turn all of our personal problems over to his government to solve. And our money. And our rights.

<o>

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Riiiiiight. She overcame those problems in the tiny period of time that obamacare has been around. Obama really is a miracle worker. We should turn all of our personal problems over to his government to solve. And our money. And our rights.

<o>
    LOL......good one.

That is the lie that will be repeated though until it is standard state dogma, just like FDR got us out of the depression.

Or on the republican side Ronald Reagan shrank government, but it was the democrats who put the ruined that.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post

<o>
    I'm assuming the doc looked at her and told her that she was just fine; no treatment required. Have a good day. Welcome to Obamalama care.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 11-30-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I'm assuming the doc looked at her and told her that she was just fine; no treatment required. Have a good day. Welcome to Obamalama care.
    You have been healed, my child! Now go forth, and proclaim the power of Obamacare that has made you whole again!
    Advocate freedom please