• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW Questions - Moving To Denver

Desert Wolf

I guess I'll be the newest guy around here. I'm moving to Centennial at the end of the month! Finally, as my wife and I have been talking about moving to the Denver area for years now.

The company I work for finally came through with a transfer situation that I couldn't pass up. The downside is that I'm coming from the VERY gun friendly state of Arizona. You have to love Constitutional Carry.

I do have a couple questions. I've done my homework on getting a CCW in Colorado, but does anyone know if they will accept my AZ permit as proof of having had a training class in the last ten years?

I'm not saying that everyone couldn't use a refresher on everything, but I want to streamline the process as much as possible as it takes three months to get one. (so I've read).

Anyone have any experience with Arapahoe County? I've also read the sheriff there is less than helpful in issuing permits.

davidmcbeth

Banned
They likely will not accept your permit as proof you had training. But your training should still be good; if they accept the particular training you got.

Training? Oh wait, I don't see that in the 2nd amendment ....

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
When you get to Colorado, look up Rob... Kenzai Group...
He can square away your training credentials and you'll be good to go!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin